No Contest.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Birly

your gonna get the Manz's pro v's all in a twist again. Hit em good on the trip. Remember , open that face right up. Ha!

Brian Manzella

Administrator
Birly.

You ruined a good thread—"No Contest."

Ruined it.

You NEVER won a single point.

I'll leave the friggin' thing STICKIED for a while and people can vote who won that one.

The ONLY people that will vote for you or for this one is the folks that are anti-Manzella in the first place.

We know who they are already.

And you have been one of them since BEFORE you came here.

Now, as for the stupid written debate thread, I thought you were sitting in out for bit, so I put it in the freezer.

It is back now, with your question attached.

But here this, everyone on this site with a brain, knows WHY you are doing this.

Brian Manzella

Administrator
And BTW,

You are supposed to answer your questions in 150 words.

You didn't.

And, you are supposed to answer the last TWO questions in 150, you haven't.

BTW, If you want to debate on USTREAM for $!000 on the subject of Golf Instruction, go to the bank, and get your cash.

I am waiting for your 150 reply to your own questions, but mine will be up before the MAsters comes on Sunday.

And then both of these threads will be VOTE ON WHO WON ONLY.

And btw, don't count on winning.

Because when everyone reads all my very good posts and point, and see how you were turned around in circles, and ignored everything I said, even some of my critics will vote for me.

It downright RUINED my week.

Really.

But forum members, I would like you, if you have the time, to go back and JUDGE this debate on this thread.

Post up your results and winner following this post.

Thanks,

BManz

Hi Brian, I have followed your forum for quite a while now , almost every day I take a look, I can tell you that the videos I have bought (cheap as chips bye the way) and all the FREE information have helped me enjoy my golf soooooo much more than I ever did, I watch the pro's at my local course giving lessons......the exact same lessons to each and every golfer that takes a lesson !! I don't understand all the stuff on here but I have learned a L C T, (I love this feel) Float Loading and using my pivot, COAFF helped me a LOT, especially with chips pitches and my irons, sometimes they sound and feel sooo good :) so I just want to thank you very much for all you are doing for not only the better golfers but for golfers like me, who shot 85 this morning ...which won me the money :)
So for me , it is a No Contest you are the winner the proof is quite obvious to me , thanks again
Ray

C

caedus

Really.

But forum members, I would like you, if you have the time, to go back and JUDGE this debate on this thread.

Thanks,

BManz

Well the most disappointing aspect of the thread was that the inept method instructor was not named . I am betting its a S&T sidekick !

BTW I would like to view Steve Khatib's golf swing, is there a link anywhere?

I think it's a little hard to determine a winner when I don't think Brian and Birly were (at least in their own minds) ever quite arguing about the same point.

In terms of points made, Brian probably 'wins', and I'm of the opinion that there are too many poor teachers who can't fix people who could presumably be easily fixed. I also agree (from my amateurish perspective) that first fixing the clubface - ie the thing that actually hits the ball and most determines its starting line - makes logical sense, and thus the example Brian gives way back in this thread should be a worry for us all.

But it would have been nice if the exchange of ideas could have been handled in a slightly less inflammatory way. As I routinely try to tell the students whom I teach for a living, just because someone doesn't agree with what you say you does not make them anti 'you'; that conclusion is somewhere between an ad hominem argument and paranoia.

Last edited:
Not that my opinion matters much but this could have been a good thread, it got sidetracked, the points scoring came out and I have to be honest I didn't see where the debate really was.

I will stick my neck out though and suggest it would not have been a lesson from anyone in the SnT camp for a couple of good reasons, as much as some would like it to be. I do however have my suspicions as to who it might be, although the first lieutenant description threw me a little.

Maybe it will get back on track. Who knows.

imac

New

Really.

Thanks,

BManz

Brian, You are a fountain of valuable and usable information, and you obviously have a passion for learning and teaching. This interaction with b-s seems to have become a big waste of your time (and I guess mine, too). Obviously this guy pushed your buttons. If you had a "do over" would you handle it differently? For purely selfish reasons I'd rather watch a fresh Manzella topic on YouTube.

Brian Manzella

Administrator
Brian, You are a fountain of valuable and usable information, and you obviously have a passion for learning and teaching. This interaction with b-s seems to have become a big waste of your time (and I guess mine, too). Obviously this guy pushed your buttons. If you had a "do over" would you handle it differently? For purely selfish reasons I'd rather watch a fresh Manzella topic on YouTube.

Oh yeah.

You see, it was his intention to get to me, and I took the bait.

Terrible job by me.

I won by page 5.

Not that my opinion matters much but this could have been a good thread, it got sidetracked, the points scoring came out and I have to be honest I didn't see where the debate really was.

Agree. When Brian is commenting you want to read everything. But the thread became way too tangled. I think Brian could have spent his time more profitably on the promised teaching video (BTW, think $5 is too low).

Remember that Arab saying: "The dogs bark; the Caravan moves on."

DY

Status
Not open for further replies.