NO JUSTICE FOR DUSTIN

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seems that Elk has been fermenting with age...

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aZx3Q2LLPYQ&NR=1[/media]

Last edited:

jimmyt

New
I am now a new Elk fan. Have always loved his swing, however. Just wish as he has fermented with age he would move the next size up with his shirt choices. Needs to be not so form fitting!

I am now a new Elk fan. Have always loved his swing, however. Just wish as he has fermented with age he would move the next size up with his shirt choices. Needs to be not so form fitting!

Is that what is called "body mapping?" :eek:

Last edited:

jimmyt

New
I knew if I dropped a straight line out there it would not be long for the comments to start.

LOL.......LOL

Since another PGA and the Ryder cup are going to be played at Whistling Straits, I think the PGA should take the opposite approach with course set-up. Take away the rakes and declare all sand a waste area.

ggsjpc

New
The thing I am most curious about is whether or not the PGA will change the local rules sheet.

Any change will be an admission of a fault.

Blue and khaki parade not known for admitting fault.

Since another PGA and the Ryder cup are going to be played at Whistling Straits, I think the PGA should take the opposite approach with course set-up. Take away the rakes and declare all sand a waste area.

I think this would be a neat idea. Even the greenside bunkers could be played as waste areas. I don't think this would compromise the integrity of the event at all; they should consider it.

I'm not familiar with waste bunkers or waste areas (although I have been to bits of London that might qualify as the latter... ;)). Do they have bunker-like sand? Interesting idea as it would clearly remove any ambiguity. Can you make practice swings and 'test the surface'?

If they're not raked, you could get some nasty lies in the last group. Or would they try and mess them up in a uniform way? Maybe get a couple of excited labradors to run around in each one for a couple of minutes. :rolleyes:

I've also always wondered how you know if you are in a waste bunker as opposed to a bunker bunker. I've played from sand up in the dunes on links courses that were clearly not bunkers (where you can ground your club... with the risk of improving your lie), but they have never been called anything. Do you think that even if Dustin was not technically playing from a bunker, people would have been saying that he improved his lie and (perhaps) won the USPGA unfairly?

I'm not familiar with waste bunkers or waste areas (although I have been to bits of London that might qualify as the latter... ;)). Do they have bunker-like sand? Interesting idea as it would clearly remove any ambiguity. Can you make practice swings and 'test the surface'?

yes, but that is what calling them all bunkers was supposed to do as well...

The thing I am most curious about is whether or not the PGA will change the local rules sheet.

Any change will be an admission of a fault.

Blue and khaki parade not known for admitting fault.

I'm sure that's true, and not [ahem] always to their credit.

However, it's got to be difficult for them to even implicitly, never mind explicitly, admit that they got the local rule wrong without also implicitly accepting that DJ should have been in the playoff. That would, in turn, somewhat devalue Kaymer's victory. He won under the rules that were set; I think he should be entitled to expect the organisers to hold the line on this.

ggsjpc

New
I'm sure that's true, and not [ahem] always to their credit.

However, it's got to be difficult for them to even implicitly, never mind explicitly, admit that they got the local rule wrong without also implicitly accepting that DJ should have been in the playoff. That would, in turn, somewhat devalue Kaymer's victory. He won under the rules that were set; I think he should be entitled to expect the organisers to hold the line on this.

I'm sure when the Ryder Cup and next PGA are there, someone will mention what the local rules are.

Just curious.

Status
Not open for further replies.