Not that anyone needs me to tell them.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dariusz J.

Oosthaizen is hitting it in some strange places as well but when you make a bunch of long putts for par and birdie you can get away with it.

His double eagle was better than any of loooong putts (in fact it was a very long putt). I made a similar eagle once (not double eagle though...sigh).
It made me think how great was Sarazen's d.e. in 1935 on 15th where there were not much green to roll on.

Cheers

His double eagle was better than any of loooong putts (in fact it was a very long putt). I made a similar eagle once (not double eagle though...sigh).
It made me think how great was Sarazen's d.e. in 1935 on 15th where there were not much green to roll on.

Cheers

It was a great shot but the slope of the green put it in the cup, those long putts (3 of them I think) kept everything going.

No one is putting any pressure on him, he likely win.

Cheers

Like I said, he is kinda splatting it around the course today compared to some others. Great putting though.

Phil's Sunday Final Round third shot on 2nd Hole, Pink Dogwood was stellar. Over the front right bunker to stone. Degree of difficulty is off the charts.

You've obviously never seen him practice before he had a 64 degree wedge.
Think so. I don't think he was using a 64 in 05 when I watched him at the 84 classic. But he put on a display that's for sure. Different last year at the Greenbrier. Still stupid high but different. Don't know if it's the loft, grooves or combination of both. Only 2 times i've seen him live. To see him "messing" around and being Seve-ish..no have not.

I'm sure he could hit that shot with a 54deg goofing around...

Status
Not open for further replies.