On plane backswing issues

Status
Not open for further replies.
Geoff,

You might want to try scrunching your right shoulder up towards your right ear on the backswing. I suggest videoing your first attempt to do so. You will likely have to make some downswing adjustments in order to hit the ball decently.

Golfie

Noted. Thanks.

Had success this afternoon by adding wrist cock. Strange as it may seem, it is not something I was doing. I suspect my address position (no offset angle) and poor grip contributed to this. Can you get on plane without any wrist cock? I think it's possible but highly unlikely...at least for me.

Burner

New
Had success this afternoon by adding wrist cock. Strange as it may seem, it is not something I was doing. I suspect my address position (no offset angle) and poor grip contributed to this. Can you get on plane without any wrist cock? I think it's possible but highly unlikely...at least for me.

Geoff,

If you hold your club perpendicular to the ground, head uppermost, in your right hand, then bring your left arm up and parallel to the ground making a "fist" to grip the club handle in your left hand, that is all the wrist cock needed.

Alternatively stand your club on its butt end upright on a table and make a fist around the grip with your left hand as your arm lies on the table and you will see the same amount of wrist cock.

Try as you might you will not make any worthwhile additions, possibly only worsening matters in the process - like cupping your left wrist and cocking the right; neither of which are recommended.

Status
Not open for further replies.