Opinion Poll

Status
Not open for further replies.
To answer the question yes- Anyone who has won 74 times world wide and 14 majors with 2 coaches can do anything with or without trackman,science,scandals,divorce,65 girlfriends, good or bad caddies. Remember he figured out to win at the professional level 15 yrs ago.You want to talk about the talent code he should be mentioned in all the chapters. Like every great player there always seeking to get better and are never satisfied he could take lessons from Joe Schmo and win.

74? Try 97 professional wins. A little known fact in some circles-Tiger has 38 Euro Tour wins. 3rd ALL TIME! And I agree that was the point of my thread.

Dariusz J.

If Foley has Tiger averaging 11 FWs next year, that might just count as the biggest coaching turnaround in golf history.

I may be proved wrong in this, or the point might remain hypothetical, but I think even Dariusz would be impressed with that.

I will be the first to admit that I was wrong (concerning both Foley and Woods), as I used to do in such cases (opposite to many of my adversaries, BTW).
No matter how cheap, unfortunately, is FIR percentage these sad days, it would be a clear sign of Woods starting to own his swing as well as clear sign that Foley's teaching skills are worth something.
I doubt though in such scenario.

Cheers

Kevin Shields

Super Moderator
74? Try 97 professional wins. A little known fact in some circles-Tiger has 38 Euro Tour wins. 3rd ALL TIME! And I agree that was the point of my thread.

He really doesn't I think. All of the World Golf Championships that were played in the US are counted as Euro Tour wins as well, just like the Majors so he gets dinged twice for some wins.

Just watchin the Nedbank thing from South Africa: Tiger looks crap compared to these guys. Donald + Kaymer playing together is just PURE GOLF.

He really doesn't I think. All of the World Golf Championships that were played in the US are counted as Euro Tour wins as well, just like the Majors so he gets dinged twice for some wins.

True, of course that's where they came...but he is listed as 3rd behind Seve and Langher I think...

dbl

New
Of course, in several years Woods had so many of those upper echehlon victories that he would have lead the Euro's Order of Merit many times...BUT...he didn't play in enough tournaments for them to count him. So as I recall in some of those years he would win something like $6 million for credit on the Euro list, but since either not enough tournaments or not a being a Euro Tour member, insead the Euro tour fellow who won $3million got the Order of Merit title.

Status
Not open for further replies.