Optimal Weightshift or Conversion Factor between handicaps

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, to draw the various threads of this discussion together, even with rampant sandbaggers claiming ridiculously high handicaps, americans still can't match par in Poland...?:)

Brian Manzella

Administrator
The "Nunez Tour" we use to call it.

My great pal Mark Nunez found about two dozen main guys, and a dozen or so some-timers, and for three or so years '94-'97, we had a club that played all over the New Orleans area.

Everybody tried all the time, we put in a few bucks each for lowest front, back, and total, low putts, and par 3s.

You could win $75, but you couldn't lose $20.

The handicaps were very well done my my brother Chick, and even though I was between a +4 and 0, I won a decent amount of the time.

Both of my 59's on the old City Park South Course were shot in the "Nunez Tour."

Nobody was sandbagging.

It was proof that the handicap SYSTEM is fine.

It was so much fun every Saturday and Sunday morning, first off the tee. Done for 11.

Maybe the Nunez Tour will get back together one day.

ZAP

New
I would love to get to Poland and find out. I keep trying to talk my Dad into making the trip with me and showing me where he grew up.
Might also be nice to have a translator with me. Would love to visit my cousins and learn a little more of the family history. Maybe if I hit the lottery.

My great pal Mark Nunez found about two dozen main guys, and a dozen or so some-timers, and for three or so years '94-'97, we had a club that played all over the New Orleans area.

Everybody tried all the time, we put in a few bucks each for lowest front, back, and total, low putts, and par 3s.

The handicaps were very well done my my brother Chick, and even though I was between a +4 and 0, I won a decent amount of the time.

Both of my 59's on the old City Park South Course were shot in the "Nunez Tour."

Nobody was sandbagging.

It was so much fun every Saturday and Sunday morning, first off the tee. Done for 11.

You guys had a handicap sheriff which doesn't exist off the Nunez tour, unfortunately.

I also couldn't help seeing the strong the correlation of you winning a lot and the "system being fine." ;)

Dariusz J.

I would love to get to Poland and find out. I keep trying to talk my Dad into making the trip with me and showing me where he grew up.
Might also be nice to have a translator with me. Would love to visit my cousins and learn a little more of the family history. Maybe if I hit the lottery.

Count on me if I may be of any help. I'd be delighted to meet and play golf as well as spent a nice "Polish" 19th hole with you. ;)

Cheers

Not everywhere, luckily. There are courses that you Yanks will like. You won't like my home one FOR SURE. Imagine a writing on a small wooden clubhouse: Lasciate ogni speranza, voi ch'entrate ROFL.

Cheers

Google translater: "Only those with old timey hats and pants pulled up under their armpits shall play here." :p

hogan-vi.jpg

Nobody was sandbagging.

Ah, nothing quite like lookin back at the good ole days, eh? I love it, it sometimes makes me wish the world had stood still whilst I was still usin my old Top-Flite blades with those absurd green grips. I loved that 4-iron. Ah, those were the days. The world was such a nice place then....

Dariusz J.

Google translater: "Only those with old timey hats and pants pulled up under their armpits shall play here." :

hogan-vi.jpg

LMAO. But the truth is that the guy pictured above wouldn't complain and play the course as it is - opposite to today's whinners. Imagine what would happen if a whinner of today lost his ball in a rough...ROFL.

Cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.