OT: New Tiger Ad -- Tasteless or Brilliant?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ryan Smither

Super Moderator
<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/5NTRvlrP2NU&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/5NTRvlrP2NU&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

What say you?

I don't get it. Where did that voice over come from? Is this supposed to make me want to buy golf equipment? Why didn't they get James Earl Jones to do the voice over? So many questions.

I'm done with all this. OMG, a professional athlete was sleeping around! What's next, politician's lying?

ZAP

New
It just disturbs me on a level that I cannot really explain. Maybe Nike really is EVIL.

Creepy. Self-serving. Unrealistic.

Wouldn't Earl have said something to the effect of, "What the f--- is wrong with you? Did you not learn anything from me?"

Nike eschewed the circumstance of Tiger and left their lot with his promise instead. They were non-judgmental during the aftermath of his self-ignition. Here the phoenix is in rising not yet full flight. OK, he is their guy; I will go with it for now.

Terrible
Shows Tiger is unable to recognize a bad decision. Shows people making decisions for him are just looking at $$$.

Beyond awful. You have to figure a bunch of people got together on this ad and somehow nobody said 'hey, wait a second here!'

Here's the thing that really gets me. What's really bad about the entire situation is that his children will have to deal with something that is tough to explain away to children and very personal. What happened to Elin is extremely bad, but she's an adult and should be able to handle this better than their children.

So, that sucks...but I would figure if I was Tiger I would try to move on. Be up front and honest with the media, play golf and win championship and don't screw up again. People will eventually forget about it and even forgive you.

But instead of doing that, he allows Nike to commercialize it. Which just brings more attention to the affairs.

He almost reminds me of some type of D-List, reality TV star who for whatever reason is so desperate for attention.

3JACK

Flat out god awful retarded. I saw it last night and I couldn't figure out why in the hell you would ever make a commercial like that. Someone needs to get chit canned for making that.

A more fitting voice-over would be that of his wife busting his balls.
Or the dialogue from the Haney Project where Hank tells Ray he doesn't want to hear his problems, because Hank knows his problems better than he does.

Status
Not open for further replies.