Ping S56 irons

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is it possible to wear out a set of Ping's?? I'm not talking about some discoloration in the sweetspot..... I mean real wearing out. I want pics. :)

Lindsey (and others) has me wanting to try out the 56's...... just waiting for a demo day.

Don't know if it's possible but I had a set of Ping eye2+'s that I used from 1991 through 1999. Played high school golf and then had a student membership at Ohio State and played or practiced just about every day from May through September the last four of those years. They were not in bad shape. I am lusting after some s56's now and this thread isn't helping.

Is it possible to wear out a set of Ping's?? I'm not talking about some discoloration in the sweetspot..... I mean real wearing out. I want pics. :)

Lindsey (and others) has me wanting to try out the 56's...... just waiting for a demo day.

You'll need to replace them after 500 years - so every 5 generations you'll need to buy a new set without handing it down.

The president of our league, 2 handicap, 70 years old, has played his set of Eye 2's for like 25 years. He wore out the grooves on the sandwedge and had to replace with an Eye 2 +. This week he is supposed to receive a new set of I-15's, but he's keeping the 2's just in case.

Yeah those eye 2's kind of had their own little cult. You either played them and were a Ping man or a Tommy 845 guy. That was a cool era in golf. Metal woods hit the scene. The 60 degree was in vogue. Most importantly players wore mullets and played drunk. Damn, good times.

Yeah those eye 2's kind of had their own little cult. You either played them and were a Ping man or a Tommy 845 guy. That was a cool era in golf. Metal woods hit the scene. The 60 degree was in vogue. Most importantly players wore mullets and played drunk. Damn, good times.

You forgot the cigarettes.
john%20daly%281%29.jpg

I have a friend who wore out the bottom two grooves on his Eye-2 SW, W, and 9i over the course of ownership since the '80s. He's still playing with them - he doesn't want to be rash and hurry into buying new clubs.

He has indicated the s-56s appeal to him.

Status
Not open for further replies.