Question about tour players' kinematic sequence......

Status
Not open for further replies.
What percentage of tour players (who have been captured by AMM3D) have "proximal to distal" sequencing? That is, the rotational velocities of the following body parts peak in order - Pelvis-Thorax-Arm-Club,

This question has nothing to do with decelerations or capture methods. Throw out a percentage - I have an answer and will share later. For those of you who know the answer, please let the others play.

Thanks.

36.9% (but they don't need exquisite timing, just their release style along with some athleticism and above average motor skills to play well - straight from the Mouth!). I have no idea.

Last edited:
I'm going to say all of them have "proximal to distal" sequencing, since I've yet to see a 'good player' graph that doesn't.

Just a guess based on the graphs around here.

I will spill the beans at 10 eastern....continue putting out percentages - at least the ones who have enough guts.

It's so easy being Alex Trebec and already know the answer.

images
images-4_zps30993a91.jpg

The more there is mass and muscle and the more there is leeway for all kind of manners of swinging a club. However when there is not a lot I would guess that there has to be a reasonable ideal kinematic sequence for competitive golf.

Overall: 85 %.

art

New
I will spill the beans at 10 eastern....continue putting out percentages - at least the ones who have enough guts.

It's so easy being Alex Trebec and already know the answer.

Dear Mike,

It is now 4PM PST, and I will be gone for the next 4 hours so I hope this post makes it before your 10PM EST cutoff.

Several years ago, when in my research BBKIB was only BB, the 1-2-3-4 sequence PERCENTAGE as recorded on the AMM/TPI 3D 6DOF system was very low, and IMO needed correcting as the analyses at that time encouraged and needed more dynamic balance of the lower body, which was hypothesized as being able to positively affect the sequencing.

Very fortunately adding KIB to BB did just that, and 1-2-3-4 was restored, and for the limited testing (unfortunately) was 100%.

Now for your question, from reviewing just video's of many of the touring pros (my only media and source at this time), I 'see' about ONLY half of the DRIVER swings stable enough to generate the desired sequence.

So, finally, if the data you have available indicates this low a percentage, ie. 50 %, maybe KIB can be a simple and effective change that IMO, could significantly increase the 50% estimate.

Thanks for the question, and I can't wait to get back home for your answer and the other bloggers comments.

Appreciatively,
art

I guess 100%?

After all the posts I've read on this forum over the last few months, it would seem like very few, if any, pros do not peak their velocities in the order of Pelvis-Thorax-Arm-Club. I guess ~100%.

Thanks for the responses so far - I may spill the beans at 10 pm Atlantic time in honor of Sasho Mackenzie and Nova Scotia - that's 9 pm eastern....

Status
Not open for further replies.