Release – 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
mandrin,

Is it possible that your stuff goes a little too deeply into the nuts and bolts for most members :confused:

I'm sure your contributions here have been much appreciated by most members, but I have a feeling that the general population is only interested in hearing the bare basics, just enough to understand what they should be doing to create a functional golf swing.

You don't need to know, or even understand, how a car engine functions in order to be able to drive one. Just explain what levers and peddles to push and how to steer. ;)

It seems to me that your presentations, for the most part, are too much like a treasure hunt and most of us just want to know how to find the treasure without performing a search. :D
Biffer,

It is interesting to note that a subject really attracting attention and getting many to participate is stuff about food and diets. Is this also related to hunting for the treasure without performing a search or is it perhaps more an indication of the average waistline of the members. :rolleyes: Perhaps exercising both muscles and neurons would facilitate their search for an easy road to golf heaven. :D

spider

New
Biffer,

It is interesting to note that a subject really attracting attention and getting many to participate is stuff about food and diets. Is this also related to hunting for the treasure without performing a search or is it perhaps more an indication of the average waistline of the members. :rolleyes: Perhaps exercising both muscles and neurons would facilitate their search for an easy road to golf heaven. :D

I find this all interesting and informative. However, you really have to search hard through 3 different discussions on this "release" topic. Then in those posts find the gems within the bickering. :)

mandrin,

I know it is somewhat difficult to apprehend, with so many animated discussions taking place on other golf forums, that this large forum is such a lame duck when it comes to science related subjects. :eek:

However, life is short and time is fleeting and it should be apparent to you by now that your posts are not really appreciated so as to participate and that you are hence simply wasting your time. So just let it go. ;)

Happy golfing,
mandrin

Truly wish I could participate, but my last math or physics class was over 50 years ago. Just don't remember enough to contribute and need to be spoon fed.

This subject extremely interesting. There are references to 'other' discussions elsewhere. Where? PM me if you like.

Thanks,

hcw

New
Hmmmmm, DSM-IV anyone?

mandrin,

I know it is somewhat difficult to apprehend, with so many animated discussions taking place on other golf forums, that this large forum is such a lame duck when it comes to science related subjects. :eek:

However, life is short and time is fleeting and it should be apparent to you by now that your posts are not really appreciated so as to participate and that you are hence simply wasting your time. So just let it go. ;)

Happy golfing,
mandrin

mandrin,

Thanks, for such sound advice.

Happy golfing,
mandrin

Diagnostic criteria for 301.81 Narcissistic Personality Disorder

A pervasive pattern of grandiosity (in fantasy or behavior), need for admiration, and lack of empathy, beginning by early adulthood and present in a variety of contexts, as indicated by five (or more) of the following:
1) has a grandiose sense of self-importance (e.g., exaggerates achievements and talents, expects to be recognized as superior without commensurate achievements)
2) is preoccupied with fantasies of unlimited success, power, brilliance, beauty, or ideal love
3) believes that he or she is "special" and unique and can only be understood by, or should associate with, other special or high-status people (or institutions)
4) requires excessive admiration
5) has a sense of entitlement, i.e., unreasonable expectations of especially favorable treatment or automatic compliance with his or her expectations
6) is interpersonally exploitative, i.e., takes advantage of others to achieve his or her own ends
7) lacks empathy: is unwilling to recognize or identify with the feelings and needs of others
8) is often envious of others or believes that others are envious of him or her
9) shows arrogant, haughty behaviors or attitudes

Bronco Billy

Mandrin Just Had a Bad Carb Day......

Diagnostic criteria for 301.81 Narcissistic Personality Disorder

A pervasive pattern of grandiosity (in fantasy or behavior), need for admiration, and lack of empathy, beginning by early adulthood and present in a variety of contexts, as indicated by five (or more) of the following:
1) has a grandiose sense of self-importance (e.g., exaggerates achievements and talents, expects to be recognized as superior without commensurate achievements)
2) is preoccupied with fantasies of unlimited success, power, brilliance, beauty, or ideal love
3) believes that he or she is "special" and unique and can only be understood by, or should associate with, other special or high-status people (or institutions)
4) requires excessive admiration
5) has a sense of entitlement, i.e., unreasonable expectations of especially favorable treatment or automatic compliance with his or her expectations
6) is interpersonally exploitative, i.e., takes advantage of others to achieve his or her own ends
7) lacks empathy: is unwilling to recognize or identify with the feelings and needs of others
8) is often envious of others or believes that others are envious of him or her
9) shows arrogant, haughty behaviors or attitudes

Too Many Carbs........:p

Status
Not open for further replies.