Release Aftermath Questions and 45 min VIDEO (page 3)

Status
Not open for further replies.
What characteristics in a golfer's "natural" swing determine which aspects of these concepts should be incorporated into a particular golfer's swing (everything, some of this, none of that, etc), and to what degree?

Brian Manzella

Administrator
Here is the video:

<iframe src="http://player.vimeo.com/video/35346228?title=0&byline=0&portrait=0" width="700" height="525" frameborder="0" webkitAllowFullScreen mozallowfullscreen allowFullScreen></iframe>

ZAP

New
As a lefty I have to say it was kind of cool to be able to watch Brian explain some of that stuff. Now I understand more the things he was trying to get me to do during my most recent lesson. If it was not 15 degrees in the garage and I already had my pajamas on I might be out there hitting a few balls right now. Very cool. Thanks for taking the time to do that.

I had a couple follow ups to the video, they are not really "after release" per say but

1) At about the 6:20 mark MJ starts a demonstration showing the hands creating the release by flexing the hands back and forth which altered the club head, and then stated that this is very different then using the pivot to square up the face via rotation. If one is using this method are they going to be predisposed to stalling the pivot? What "motors" the pivot through impact of one is using the hands to consciously square the face? Hope that makes sense.

2)You talked about the ball bouncers and the ball skippers, really like that analogy. If I understood you correctly trying to be a ball bouncer from a steeper plane angle is not a good recipe, one needs to shift to a lower plane angle (or maybe already on a lower plane angle) on the downswing, then be able to "tumble" the shaft over? I assume if one tries to do this from a steeper plane early in the downswing they are going to be over the top? I guess trying to understand why the plane angles don't mix the two ways of bouncing or skipping?

Greg

Status
Not open for further replies.