Release

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mandrin
Can you clarify your position on the kinetic chain for me..... as i understand it a section slows for the transfer of energy to speed up the next section and so on???
In some other forums i read where people with "qualifications" say this does not happen with the pivot and it does not brake at all particulary when they are discussing Ben Hogan's swing. The reasoning is that a trebuchet effect in his swing ( catapult but you would know this)
I find this hard to be factual..... but i simply don't know...Possible for you to give me the thruth?:confused:
golfspike,

To be more efficient in answering the question in your post I like to have links to the forums where people with "qualifications" are discussing the trebuchet effect. :rolleyes:

For the time being let me just say that a trebuchet is a bit like a double pendulum golfer swinging away and slinging the clubhead whilst standing on his head. :D

I Too am Interested in the Truth..... Aren't We All.... SomeTimes I Think Not..... Would You Mind Sharing the Other Forums where the kinetic chain is Being Discussed? Thanks.....:)
Bronco Billy,

It appears that your condition is way more serious than I had anticipated. For the moment try a bit of self hypnosis by repeating every day just before falling asleep, when in a deep but tension free concentration, the phrase below:

"Excessive use of capitalization and bold text is often considered very poor netiquette and seen as tantamount to shouting. !!! "​

golfspike,

To be more efficient in answering the question in your post I like to have links to the forums where people with "qualifications" are discussing the trebuchet effect. :rolleyes:

For the time being let me just say that a trebuchet is a bit like a double pendulum golfer swinging away and slinging the clubhead whilst standing on his head. :D

Mandrin
I honestly don't know how to link the forum writings but it was in the wrx forum and they were implying Brian's video on it was not very good and it would make people become "slingers" of the club.
Id rather here your answer on the subject simply as i don't believe the other
I like your answer on the trebuchet :)

birdie_man,

The problem with identifying and analyzing elements in a golf swing, such as release, is that some have than a tendency to put too much emphasis on them as if they existed as isolated and independent elements in a swing. This is inherent in human nature to dissect things into ever smaller pieces. However a swing should always be a fluid continuous motion of all the many parts moving in harmony.

This is true. Your end goal is one seamless motion. But sometimes to build that you need to isolate...yes?

I am really surprised that some still flatly deny the for all readily observable fact that hands slow down prior to impact in every super slow motion video sequence of pro swings shown on TV. Equally very surprising this complete denial of the transfer of momentum/energy occurring in the typical kinetic chain action of linked masses. :rolleyes:

I agree. I don't see how you can NOT do it. (in any effective swing) To degrees perhaps but...IMO.

The more vigorous a down stroke the faster the release and the greater the braking torque exerted by the releasing club back onto the arms. Hence the argument that a more vigorous action could possible prevent this slowing down to occur is not relevant.

I don't understand the bolded statement.

In a natural sound swing starting from the ground up having all body parts contributing their fair share it is simply not possible to prevent this slowing down of hands to occur. There are two basic mechanisms at work in a down swing - generation of energy/momentum and continuous redistribution form distal to proximal elements. The effortless swing is one where the second mechanism is optimum. :cool:

I think I agree...and a lot of info. in here points to the same conclusion...but seeing as it is not me who has done much of the actual investigating/research myself I figured I should not take things for granted...and close myself off.

Status
Not open for further replies.