Sergio Garcia Analysis by Brian Manzella...Golf Magazine Style!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brian Manzella

Administrator
Sergio tilts.

Someone said something about Sergio's lack of tilt.

Sorta like Ohio State fans thinking they got robbed in the BCS because of bad calls. :D

sergiotiltstoo.gif

"Virtual Spine" baby.

Hey what shoulder turn does Sergio use? This is one thing I am still learning to see in golf swings.

benk

New
On sergios swing, his right shoulder is very downplane. Why is it that his shoulder turn is so much flatter on his backswing than his downswing? My own golfswing is very much like this, with my right shoulder going almost in the same position as Sergio in the followthrough and at impact [ a little bit more square at impact, but I'm working on it ]. Any help on this topic would be great.

The amount of wrist cock in the middle pic of Sergio is amazing.

SERGIO OMG PLEASE HAVE MY BABY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1-b

Banned
don't knock pabst blue ribbon, it was one of the few products HOGAN endorsed !

Hey Brian

I'd never touch Sergio's shift . . . this is one of the best swings on the planet . . .

If you "fix' that shift . . . no more datin' Greg Norman's sister or mom or whoever he's datin' . . . he's gotta trade in the Michelob for PBR . . . and sleep in a van.

toejamrichie,
does sergio have one of the best swings on the planet because he endorses michelob or does he endorse michelob because he has one of the best swings on the planet?
meaning does michelob WANT you to think he has one of the best swings on the planet ? or possibly the t.v. commentators ,that only the gullible believe, seem to have greater influence than we want to admit ?

or there are independent reasons for why sergio has one of the best swings on the planet ? his ball striking stats over his career do not seem to bear this out.
admittedly in 2005 he was number 1.and in 2002(?) he ranked fairly high. but other than that his ball striking numbers have been mediocre.

p.s. i'm glad you are not 1-b because i am. and i would not wish that on my worst enemy !!!!:)

toejamrichie,
does sergio have one of the best swings on the planet because he endorses michelob or does he endorse michelob because he has one of the best swings on the planet?
meaning does michelob WANT you to think he has one of the best swings on the planet ? or possibly the t.v. commentators ,that only the gullible believe, seem to have greater influence than we want to admit ?

or there are independent reasons for why sergio has one of the best swings on the planet ? his ball striking stats over his career do not seem to bear this out.
admittedly in 2005 he was number 1.and in 2002(?) he ranked fairly high. but other than that his ball striking numbers have been mediocre.

p.s. i'm glad you are not 1-b because i am. and i would not wish that on my worst enemy !!!!:)

I think he is implying that his shift works for him and trying to change it will drastically erode his game away to a point where his sponsors will no longer sponsor him because of lackluster performances.

Status
Not open for further replies.