Shallow during transition

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey, not denying their popularity but I don't agree with much in this video. Interesting to get Brian's take.
You can get whatever ballflight he's talking about without that phony finish.
I'll bite. Short iron knockdowns? Same AoA and more deloft? More down and same loft? Swing with less pace? Ball position?

I've been experimenting a lot trying to get more zip and keeping the ball down. One of my plus handicap friends showed me his way. He puts that ball off his right toe and has to chicken wing to get it to come out straight. He can hit 4 irons that never get more than 20 feet off the ground and still go 200 yards in the air. I can do it his way but just wondering if there were other methods that didn't require such precision with the strike.

Sergio doing an interesting drill in Qatar today:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/47lpxyqWCfc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Sounds good thats exactly what happens when I rotate my right arm in a clockwise fashion. The hands drop straight down with gravity and right wrist bends back then it slings through with the tumble. Feels like one motion.

How would someone working on NSA, particularly the twisaway in the backswing and down swing incorporate the above move? Seems they are diametrically opposed moves.

How would someone working on NSA, particularly the twisaway in the backswing and down swing incorporate the above move? Seems they are diametrically opposed moves.

The twistaway is a different force on the club--essentially twisting about the shaft to close the clubface.

The "laying off" move with the right elbow and later the tumble, are separate forces in a different plane--behind and in front of the golfer.

So I think you can do both and don't think they are opposing moves at all.

Kevin Shields

Super Moderator

Remember, you can do the twist away (gamma) anywhere in the swing up until impact. Where do you feel you are doing it?

I try to "curl" the right hand and arm under as my weight falls left with no tilt of the body. Some may feel some away from the ball rotation of the left arm.
I found this relevant post from Kevin on another thread.
Curl or twist the right humerus clockwise and feel like you get under.
Also to Gary's question the twist away is positive gamma, the laying off move is negative beta.

Status
Not open for further replies.