Steeper and Deeper

Status
Not open for further replies.
CM,

This is one concept I have a great deal of trouble with....

Can you clarify when you want the left arm to "blast off" your chest...or is it just an expression...

In my own case I find the quality of strike depends on maintaining as much connection (upper left arm/chest) as possible, until after impact....if the left arm has slid down the chest at all, it is due to the right arm straightening before and through impact, after which the left arm acts in a very similar fashion to the right arm in the backswing, i.e. left elbow folding and then upper left arm releasing itself from the left side (quite late in the follow through) ......

Putt, quality strikes are one thing. Dynamic strikes with a POW are another.

I'm a fan of keeping the left are "pegged" when golfers are hitting chippy wedges (30-80 yards), but after that, with greater distances, the left arm will speed off the chest.

Got a screaming kid. Back soon:(

....and the chest will try and keep up!

I was in love with PP4. Too much so. With some clarification from Brian, I recognized that the downswing pivot loads the left arm, the arm starts working off its angle relative to the chest and after impact the bending left elbow puts some pressure back into the chest (with some).

Watch a YouTube of Sadlowski.... he couldn't hold a golf glove under his left arm pit. He can hit it a fur piece.

cm,

This swing's been posted before, but check out +pp4....

And this guy broke 400 yards in 1937!!!...

yellowshirtfront.jpg

And here's Jack (POW!...but he does hit it a LONG way)...

img7777abb036opt.jpg

Great pics. Agreed.

BUT, the left arm, while it remains on the chest through impact, the angle from the top of the back swing to impact has changed a lot, thus the pressure on the left arm has changed a lot.

"Blast Off" is a bad analogy.

Good points.

That said, there are some really great and dynamic strikers that have a left arm coming off their chest sooner than these two fellows.

Garcia and Sadlowski come to mind.

I feel this same way..In the last couple of days I have experimented with the side scrunching(lateral flexion) you have described to me before and feel that I cannot blast the arm off the chest, if I have that thought I extend the right arm early as well and flip and hit behind it,chunkalicious...no fun at all. Being primarily a "swinger" in TGM terms and using Brians SDP, my feel is to just keep pivoting while adding the lateral flexion(side scrunching). Maybe for me having further practice with "the toss" will have me releasing the 4th accumulator better and maybe I'd feel the blast off the chest. Does that make sense?

What is side scrunching?

tank

New
cm,

This swing's been posted before, but check out +pp4....

And this guy broke 400 yards in 1937!!!...

yellowshirtfront.jpg

And here's Jack (POW!...but he does hit it a LONG way)...

img7777abb036opt.jpg

I wonder if this is a big part of what's wrong with David Duval's current move verses the late nineties when he appeared to have a lot more of the 'pec-grab' late in the downswing look.

Kevin Shields

Super Moderator
iwas looking at some of these swings. Based on the #4 accumulator discussion, Ryan Braun is Jim Furyk and Josh Hamilton is Jamie Sadlowski. Look at where the lead arm is at impact.

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K9XQ1FjFZpc[/media]

Status
Not open for further replies.