Sweet Spot Plane

Status
Not open for further replies.

EdZ

New
quote:Originally posted by MizunoJoe

mandrin,

A good player drives the club rather than throws the clubhead. Your way of thinking makes the clubhead come up too fast on the DS. You must keep it down and concepts like slings won't do that.

the HANDS can 'sling' and the CLUB can drive - aiming point - sending the force to both arms straight

mandrin - yes, semantics

quote:Originally posted by MizunoJoe

mandrin,

A good player drives the club rather than throws the clubhead. Your way of thinking makes the clubhead come up too fast on the DS. You must keep it down and concepts like slings won't do that.
MizunoJoe, I have a lot of admiration for your very fertile imagination. Whatever I say you always see me throwing clubs all over the place. If you just articulated your ideas a bit more I could get perhaps a handle on it.

I like you to contemplate the following - the dynamics of a point mass twirling around a center is not the same as the dynamics of multiple linked segments exhibiting angular motion around a center. There is a huge difference.

quote:Originally posted by hcw

quote:Originally posted by mandrin

quote:Originally posted by hcw

David, would he have had a chance against Goliath had he applied a force along a straight line? :)
but he did!:)
Hcw, let me lighten your lantern, since you are in the dark - there is the sling and there is the slingshot.
ah mandrin, there you go assuming again...sorry to disappoint you, but i know the difference between the two weapons...let me ask you this: what did david use to apply force to his sling? (hint golfers use the same things to apply force to the club)

-hcw

ps- another point is how does a stone travel after release from a sling?:)
hcw, I have a little game for you. ;)

hcw

New
hcw, I have a little game for you. ;)

typical mandy...you don't want to (or can't) answer the question, so you try to confuse the issue with something that isn't pertinent and misrepresents what HK was talking about in TGM...next he'll be patronizingly telling me not to get involved in matters too big for poor little head...sorry, i'm not playing...for the rest of the audience the point i was making is that it is the muscles of the body that imparted forces to David's sling and that individual muscles work thru "straight line motion" between their origin and insertion points on bones (hence he used "straight line motion", get it, it was a joke)...of course David used multiple muscles to impart a complex circular motion to his sling thru his hands and that is what golfers do to the club as well (and in 3 dimensional space)...i think mandrin's models tend to oversimplify and inadequately describe this 3D motion (which varies greatly between golfers)...he likes to talk about "real" forces vs. what a golfer feels, but ignores the fact that one can only monitor what one can feel during the golf swing...imho TGM breaks down this motion into various smaller components that you can practice individually to get the "feel" of and then mix and match (for the most part) to put together a whole swing and whole feel that you can monitor...it does this better than any other golf instruction i have encountered, but admittedly there are plenty i haven't...unlike mandrin implies, i don’t blindly take all of HK’s scientific explanations at face value, but also unlike mandrin i try to understand what HK was getting at instead of nit-picking…i’m not sure why TGM seems to bug mandrin so much…but the bottom line is that despite his claims otherwise, i don’t think he is really trying to learn or add anything constructive to the forum…therefore it’s probably best to ignore him, which i will do from here on out…have fun y’all!

-hcw

Hcw, it seems that from very long and exquisitely well constructed posts such yours e.g. - “but he did!,” - I should have clearly understood that you were into the meat and bone business.

What will it be next time? The electrochemical reactions in the tissues? Or perhaps that skill learning involves physically growing new neuronal connections in the brain?

I can see why you find my ideas very simplistic. Too bad that you don’t want to converse any further, I will dearly miss your numerous enlightening posts. [:0]

EdZ

New

Sling - circular motion. [8D]

Slingshot - straight line motion. :(

circular motion - speed

straight line motion - mass

Force is both mass and speed.

quote:Originally posted by EdZ

Sling - circular motion. [8D]

Slingshot - straight line motion. :(
circular motion - speed

straight line motion - mass

Force is both mass and speed.
HK’s science or rather metaphors - I would not advice putting that in any Physics or Dynamics exam. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.