Swinging Arms Across the Body

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jwat

New
Okay I have some updated swings. I think I have pretty much cured my early extension. I am working on:

1. Pushing hard off of my right side on the downswing
2. Trying to sequence my hands, arms, chest, and belt buckle on the downswing
3. Trying to not let my arms lag behind my pivot - which in the videos they still are.

Let me know what you guys think. I know it is hard to tell off of the iphone camera. I feel like I need to cure the extreme axis tilt in my swing and get my arms working more out in front of my body. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I haven't been able to see BManz at all this year but hopefully going to take a trip there in October.

Jerad

Here are the links just in case the url vid is bad: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3zI0SX-eYwA, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cMGeog7DxaQ, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tOWgalone2Q

Jwat

New
Great, I know I have seen that one but it has been a long time. For some reason in these videos I was trying to take the shoulder steeper in the backswing. Got my back screaming tonight. Tomorrow I will definitely be going back to more of a helicopter turn.

Jwat

New
Does that swing look better? Still wish I could keep a little more hinge in the downswing and get my arms more in front.

The last swing posted does look better to me, but still would like to see a more firm left side. Brian in episode 8: "The left hip turns to a point in the downswing." I think if you can get the hip turn more under control, you will be able to swing more "under" your feet and pivot rather than having to feel like the arms need to catch up with the runaway hip turn.

Jwat

New
updated swing

Okay so today I worked on getting a little pause at the top so I would:

1. Finish my backswing
2. Be able to start the swing working my hands and arms first

So anyways, I hit the ball straighter today. I feel like I lost quite a bit of distance with the irons and driver pausing at the top some. I felt like my hands and arms were getting more synced with my body but in the video it shows differently.

I was also working on no axis tilt and still could not accomplish that as well. What do you guys suggest I do to get my arms working in front of my body? I cannot carry the club because the more I work the body before the hands the more tilt I get which leads my arms/hands behind my body.

IMG 2058 - YouTube

Kevin Shields

Super Moderator
Carry and drop with no right side bend allowed! See: Seung Yul-Noh - YouTube

If he did this with all that arm travel and lift on the backswing he could totally whiff it. I think it would cause him to either throw it away more or tilt later and get under it even more.

Jwat, dont you think your backswing looks exactly the same on every swing you've ever posted. Have you concerned yourself with changing anything there to achieve a different downswing?

Jwat

New
If he did this with all that arm travel and lift on the backswing he could totally whiff it. I think it would cause him to either throw it away more or tilt later and get under it even more.

Jwat, dont you think your backswing looks exactly the same on every swing you've ever posted. Have you concerned yourself with changing anything there to achieve a different downswing?

Hey Kevin, yes I do agree that every backswing is the same no matter what I am trying to change. I feel like I have tried an array of different backswings yet they all look identical on video even though they feel much different.

What do I do to change this? When I get a wider arc going back I really axis tilt/collapse on the downswing. I don't know how else to change it. I am willing to do anything!

Kevin Shields

Super Moderator
Hey Kevin, yes I do agree that every backswing is the same no matter what I am trying to change. I feel like I have tried an array of different backswings yet they all look identical on video even though they feel much different.

What do I do to change this? When I get a wider arc going back I really axis tilt/collapse on the downswing. I don't know how else to change it. I am willing to do anything!

Why would you go wider? I was thinking shorter, slack feeling arms

lia41985

I could see that definitely being a possibility, Kevin. Thanks for the explanation.

Status
Not open for further replies.