'Swinging Left' vs. Over The Top

Status
Not open for further replies.
good question.

when I THINK I swing left I feel hands go left from half way down through impact. and I have NO IDEA if this is correct

I'm trying to figure out how you would get a golfer to swing left without them coming OTT. Any ideas?

3JACK

Isn't this the genius of Brian's NHA pattern?

Catch the drop! and only then swing down the yellow brick road.

This way you don't start down with the arms (OTT) but instead still use your pivot while also swinging left.

But maybe it's not this simple, since neither NHA nor swinging left are parts of my own pattern.

ggsjpc

New
The swinging left part should be pivot driven but there also needs to be some down early on to prevent the OTT.

This IS the key I think. The DOWN EARLY..then pivot..thus the pattern NHA.

you can still hook it from there.......trust me LOL

swinging left is a weird concept, cause it changes for every club in the bag and doesnt feel natural, at least not now and for some clubs.

I would like to hear more exploring of swinging left and such

you can still hook it from there.......trust me LOL

swinging left is a weird concept, cause it changes for every club in the bag and doesnt feel natural, at least not now and for some clubs.

I would like to hear more exploring of swinging left and such

Yep true, but most people that hook it come under the plane. I agree swinging left is a weird concept, but if you try to understand the TRACKMAN data..it becomes a little easier to understand. I only recently fully understood this BTW.

Yep true, but most people that hook it come under the plane. I agree swinging left is a weird concept, but if you try to understand the TRACKMAN data..it becomes a little easier to understand. I only recently fully understood this BTW.

be a whole lot easier if I had a TM NEAR me!lol
gotta get to one soon and I think I can explode with new breakthoughs, as I am sure you have found as well

be a whole lot easier if I had a TM NEAR me!lol
gotta get to one soon and I think I can explode with new breakthoughs, as I am sure you have found as well

I mean, really read and take ALOT of time with the newsletter TM provides. If you take the time and think about it, you start to get it...devour the newsletter, plus devour the info here.

I thought a little more about this...Posture,pattern,release,hinge action,perception(Richies word today:))??

He said having enough, not too much.

Once again ZZ you clear up the mysteries of the golf swing, thanks for your knowledge. I'm saying it is possible to still "come over the top" with too much "axis tilt", depending on the pattern, pivot,posture, and hand action.

Z

Zztop

Once again ZZ you clear up the mysteries of the golf swing, thanks for your knowledge. I'm saying it is possible to still "come over the top" with too much "axis tilt", depending on the pattern, pivot,posture, and hand action.

A little bitchy today aren't we?..lol I guess you can thwart anything " depending " on what you do or don't do. It's never ending if that's what your looking for, and the golf swing for most is a mystery, that's why your here.

A little bitchy today aren't we?..lol I guess you can thwart anything " depending " on what you do or don't do. It's never ending if that's what your looking for, and the golf swing for most is a mystery, that's why your here.

Nah not bitchy...I'm just thinking out loud(or by writing). Dude I don't really sleep, so that's why sometimes I am a little looney.

Z

Zztop

Nah not bitchy...I'm just thinking out loud(or by writing). Dude I don't really sleep, so that's why sometimes I am a little looney.

Nothing wrong with been a little loonie, i for sure speak as an expert on that. ...lol :D

I'm trying to figure out how you would get a golfer to swing left without them coming OTT. Any ideas?

3JACK

good question,

I guess mentally I would think alot of left hip clearing room for the right side and than rotating hard. I cant do it when I think about it or its OOT for sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.