'Swinging Left' vs. Over The Top

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm trying to figure out how you would get a golfer to swing left without them coming OTT. Any ideas?

3JACK

First, why do you want them to swing left? You wouldn't do it just to do it. You are trying to fix a path/face issue vs a face/path issue.

Your golfer is too shallow, out to right field, shallow topper, high pusher or flip hooker.

The "more left" they swing is really just a functional path that so the face doesn't have to react.

Brian helped me a ton. I always feel like I'm swinging left and I'm WAY under with the longer clubs. We sorted out my shoulder path and now I don't run out of right arm as much and the face behaves. Golf is more fun from the fairway!

ej20

New
Yeah...swinging left is for underplane issues but it will make someone who's OTT worse.

Just get your divots pointing straight or a tad left and you're good to go.Some may need to FEEL like they swing right to do it,some may need to FEEL like they swing left.

ej20

New
I thought swinging left was for golfers with a downward AoA who want to hit it straight?

3JACK

The D plane explains what is really happening when club meets ball to hit a straight shot.

I was talking about feel.

Players who come OTT are swinging way too far left already with extreme leftward pointing divots.You would want them to swing more right to get closer to the D plane.

Players who are too underplane are swinging too much out to the right with divots pointing right.you would want them to swing more left to get closer to the D plane.

If they come OTT swinging more left than they already are,they shouldn't be swinging more left in the first place.

I would assume a straight shot would require a divot that points ever so slightly left.

But golf is not that easy....at least not for me.I cannot produce on demand a dead straight divot or one that points 2 degrees left with any high degree of accuracy especially when playing an actual round of golf.You just want a swing that hits the ball half solidly and repeats.

Status
Not open for further replies.