Swinging to the left - is there a better term/description?

Status
Not open for further replies.
What happens when you do what you're trying to do?

Depends on the ballflight. Sometimes it's obvious that I smothered it with an impact that was too steep. Leads me to conclude that I didn't lower my right shoulder enough.

But if I hit it fairly solid and it still went left? I conclude that I swung too easy. If I swing harder, that seems to keep the face more open and prevent pulls to the left.

The whole swinging left thing for me... I think it's got to be broken down further:

I might want only a swing direction that is more "-" (negative), with a path that stays on the positive side of the fence.
OR, I might want the path to be more negative

Both of those could mean "swinging left" to me, but one generally gives me a push-whatever, the other a pull-whatever dependent on FACE ANGLE.

I don't like the term "swinging left" either because it just adds to the complication...
Here's the deal, right?, we want our HAND PATH to be going up and Left, while the CLUB HEAD is still going down & "Right" or out (tumble & go normal).

To me its an overdone, trendy thing to say "swing left" and most people associate it with a goofy, over-exaggerated practice swing / drill that we've all seen TIGER (among others) do.

joep

New
I had mentioned this a couple of years ago. I`ll try again. Took a lesson from brian and was told I swinging to far out to the right. Was then told to swing left . Didnt quite understand excatly. However brian being a very hands on teacher got about 20 feet in front of me abot 10 feet left. He then said try to swing to me. Still didnt do it right was scared to hit him with the ball.(he`s nuts). My divots were going left so he said try to hit the divots to me. I did and the divots were actually hitting him and the ball was going right at the target . Takes alot of balls to teach a hacker to swing at him to prove a point. Hope this somehow tells you what swinging left is .

Last edited:
I had mentioned this a couple of years ago. I`ll try again. Took a lesson from brian and was told I was swinging to far out to the right.
was told to swing left . Didnt quite understand excatly. However brian being a very hands on teacher got about 20 feet in front of me abot 10 feet left. He then said try to swing to me. Still didnt do it right was scared to hit him with the ball.(he`s nuts). My divots were going left so he said try to hit the divots to me. I did and the divots were actually hitting him and the ball was going right at the target . Takes alot of balls to teach a hacker to swing at him to prove a point. Hope this somehow tells you what swinging left is.

AND THAT's why he's the best in the business.

Status
Not open for further replies.