ScreenShot2012-05-02at71451AM.png
ScreenShot2012-05-02at71524AM.png
ScreenShot2012-05-02at71606AM.png
ScreenShot2012-05-02at71623AM.png
ScreenShot2012-05-02at71641AM.png
ScreenShot2012-05-02at71701AM.png
ScreenShot2012-05-02at71719AM.png
ScreenShot2012-05-02at71741AM.png

Perfect question from my fellow blind man! He obviously needs to make a trip across the Pacific to figure out how to hit a golf ball.

His hips are so called "square" when his hands/club are still well above his head... next time you are playing next to a hospital, give that one a try. :) Amazing seperation indeed.

Does Bubba pivot primarily on/around his rear leg INTO the post-up of his left leg...much like the baseball hitting sequence, much like a javelin thrower after the plant...with the "jump-up" to his toes allowing him to step out to his right with his lead foot after impact? Is this home-brewed swing more "left/rear"-sided pivot power than shift/pivot power, the anti stack & tilt move?

I don't think he stalled his pivot, I think his hips got so open they just ran out motion to keep turning. Same thing happens with DJ.

Is it more efficient to "dole" out the hip rotation so this does not happen? Not sure given how far he hits it.

I do like the flexion/to extension though, good video showing that!

I don't think he stalled his pivot, I think his hips got so open they just ran out motion to keep turning. Same thing happens with DJ.

Is it more efficient to "dole" out the hip rotation so this does not happen? Not sure given how far he hits it.

I do like the flexion/to extension though, good video showing that!

His arms go from nearly 9:00 to past 3:00 without virtually any noticable hip movement. That seems like plenty of slack to keep turning his hips IF he felt it beneficial, no?

In the last 5-6 stills, does it look like he is braking his hips, or trying to turn/pivot them continuously?

Would you say that constantly pivoting is something that does not happen with Bubba's swing?

Last edited:
His arms go from nearly 9:00 to past 3:00 without virtually any noticable hip movement. That seems like plenty of slack to keep turning his hips IF he felt it beneficial, no?

In the last 5-6 stills, does it look like he is braking his hips, or trying to turn/pivot them continuously?

Would you say that constantly pivoting is something that does not happen with Bubba's swing?

I am not sure honestly....in my own personal swing I would take either situation, David Toms more synced pivot or Bubba massively open hips early like a baseball player pivot.

WHAT? One of the longest hitters in tour history is a "pivot staller"? Damn, the Masters champ probably has a very high rate of club face closure as well. Unbelievable.

I am with gmbtempe....On BM's Dufner video, he highlights how Dufner's arms and club 'drag' his body through the finish position...i think this is VERY visible in the Bubba video. Bubba seems to pivot, run out of 'steam' and then gets dragged around even further by arms/club.

IMHO, there is no way he is deliberately stalling.

natep

New
First the flip, now the stall. He better get this worked out or he might end up being a hacker like Luke Donald. :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.