TGM Authorization

Status
Not open for further replies.
How would I go about getting authorized? I am moving to the Pensacola, FL area in a few weeks and will be near Ron Gring who is a G.S.E.D. Can he authorize instructors? Thanks.

Best to go to the National Site for TGM.

LINK

check out authorization and schedule. You can send them an email and they will respond in short order.

BenHogan54,

Give me a call 877 626-1265 (24hrs) to discuss what you need to do to get authorized.
Ron Gring, G.S.E.D.

pluthb

New
To my understanding, you must be authorized by Joe Daniels in hopes to centralize and make the training consistent throught TGM from now on. Check www.thegolfingmachine.com and go to classes where you will find a schedule. Who knows, maybe you'll come up to Minneapolis for authorization?
Hope this helps, and send questions to pluthb@pga.com if you have any.
Brad Pluth GSEB

bray

New
Can someone please expand on what it takes to get your G.S.E.B.??
What those of us interested in getting it need to be studying/memorizing??

Sorting through the Duffer's Bible!
B-Ray

EdZ

New
quote:Originally posted by bray

Can someone please expand on what it takes to get your G.S.E.B.??
What those of us interested in getting it need to be studying/memorizing??

Sorting through the Duffer's Bible!
B-Ray

$$$$$$$$$

EdZ

New
quote:Originally posted by Pro

Ed,
Have you been to an authorization class?

Todd

Not unless you count the several years of learning and working on the net with so many talented folks, or attending Lynn and Ted's class at OCN last spring, no. I'd be happy to let Brian/Lynn/Ted decide how 'authorized' my knowledge is though.

Pro

New
Ed,

I wasn't asking about your knowledge, I consider you very knowledgeable, I was wondering about your post with the dollar signs, I would think since you haven't been to one you would have a hard time knowing if it is worth the dollars or not. I have been to a few and consider it the best knowledge available, something I don't know if I can put a price on.

Todd

quote:Originally posted by Pro

Ed,

I wasn't asking about your knowledge, I consider you very knowledgeable, I was wondering about your post with the dollar signs, I would think since you haven't been to one you would have a hard time knowing if it is worth the dollars or not. I have been to a few and consider it the best knowledge available, something I don't know if I can put a price on.

Todd

Not Ed, but the classes for GSEB level 1 and 2 are about $1200 each for just the class..

Some may beleive that is a bit pricy since this differs greatly from regular golf schools.

There was once a list of 65 questions or so that you could study for answering and a short list of definitions as well.

The test used to be open book and to get the percise answer did take a bit of effort on some of the questions.

I beleive that unless an individual needs the certification, it probably is pricy.

One support system that exist, I will say unoffically, is three forums that are led by GSED. I believe even without going through the courses you can follow the suggest reading by Homer and then camp out on these forums and develop a very solid knowledge base of TGM and the application of TGM. Though the forums vary regarding responses (reference, use of pseudo terms, etc.) it IMO really adds greatly to the understanding and dare I say, makes it simplier to learn. After all it was Homer who said you should have an AI guide you on your path and fortunately we have several who have choosen to do this using the internet...

Steve Khatib

Super Moderator
Nice call Todd, go to a class Ed it can only enhance and upgrade your current wealth of knowledge. Nothing any good is free in this world, gee the ammount of money I have spent with Ben and Gregg learning and travelling to TGM Summit and I think I didnt pay enough.

EdZ

New
quote:Originally posted by FOUR BARRELS AUSTRALIAN

Nothing any good is free in this world,

I couldn't disagree more. Much better to work with each other, than against, to pay it forward.

Homer did.

And Homer also learned everything by himself, I believe. I'm not denying for one second the value of a truly knowledgeable teacher.
For the vast majority of people, it's definitely the only feasible route.

I am sure I have replied to this already, but here goes again,
The level 1 class is 4 days, with an open book exam of 120 questions,before you get to the class, Joe will send you a required reading list, as well as a list of definitions that you need to have done before you get there. I am back to see Joe in Feb to take level 2, and I can honestly say that it has been worth every penny spent, and I have to travel from England to get there. The info I received has only helped to enhance my own teaching. Hope this helps, by the way, I have also attended the last 3 PGA of America summits, and my 4 days spent with Joe, well no comparison.

bray

New
Ian Clark,

The required reading list and 120 questions provide a sufficient study guide???
Cuz the last thing I want to do is pay $1200.00 and fail!

Sorting Through the Duffer's Bible.

B-Ray

The reading list is simply some preperation for you to undertake prior to the class, the 120 question exam is done at the end of the class to determine how much you have learnt over the 4 days.

Status
Not open for further replies.