The Missing Ingredient?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bts

New
"cause" v.s. "effect"

The Golfing Machine is a great book. It has helped my golf game tremendously.

BUT...

There are quite a few people who know the book chapter and verse and...they can't play! Not even a little bit. They have this knowledge that should be the be all end all and...they are lost.

Why?

What is missing?
Big question, finally.

The understanding of the "cause and effect".

Most of the book talks about the "effect", which does not lead to the "effect" itself, regardless of how well people know it.

The "cause", which leads to the "effect" is very simple, which got missed most of the time, if not all the time.

What is the "cause"? "Sustain the lag".

What is the "effect"? Tha rest of the book.

What is the problem? "Steering" or, oh well, "hacking".

What is the solution? Don't "steer" or "hack", but "sustain the lag".

Nevertheless.....

The Golfing Machine is a great book. It has helped my golf game tremendously.

BUT...

There are quite a few people who know the book chapter and verse and...they can't play! Not even a little bit. They have this knowledge that should be the be all end all and...they are lost.

Why?

What is missing?

Wouldn´t you all agree on that IF there were A book with some theory/method/system to read and build your swing around, it would have to be The little yellow book.

Tom and Michael,

If I understand it correctly, you both are GSEB. Do you have any thoughts on moving on to GSEM or do you feel that the knowledge you have from GSEB mixed with the expertinput from Brian is sufficient?

Big question, finally.

Most of the book talks about the "effect", which does not lead to the "effect" itself, regardless of how well people know it.

The "cause", which leads to the "effect" is very simple, which got missed most of the time, if not all the time.

I cannot understand how "sustain the lag" is a cause. Seems to me it is an effect.

Tom Bartlett

Administrator
Wouldn´t you all agree on that IF there were A book with some theory/method/system to read and build your swing around, it would have to be The little yellow book.

Do you think it is a 'method book'?

Amen Corner said:
Tom and Michael, if I understand it correctly, you both are GSEB. Do you have any thoughts on moving on to GSEM or do you feel that the knowledge you have from GSEB mixed with the expertinput from Brian is sufficient?

The knowledge that Michael and I have is higher than GSEB. In fact the long version(original 400+ question, 50 page test) that I took, I had no incorrect answers. Of course I would like to be a GSED someday.

Last edited by a moderator:

Steve Khatib

Super Moderator
Its a joke

:p Many people I know recieved GSE B,M,D as honarary doctrates because they sold a dozen books or fooled poor Sally Kelley. Now Joe Daniels has a mess on his hands. I teach with a gentleman in Sydney Peter Headland who has GSED knowledge but is not an AI and the average internet nieve amateur who not respect this because he doesnt boast on the internet like the other rednecks.:cool:

The whole thing is a joke!

The knowledge that Michael and I have is higher than GSEB. In fact the long version(original 400+ question, 50 page test) that I took, I had no incorrect answers. Of course I would like to be a GSED someday.

Big question, finally.

bts, these are really good questions! I'd really like to hear Brian's and the other guys comment on this.

IS THIS WHAT IS REALLY MISSING?

No Tom,
I dont think it is a method book. My point was that IF you where to CHOOSE a book, of all golfbooks out there that explains their method, their system, their beliefs, THE book to choose should be TGM.

In fact I had no incorrect answers. Of course I would like to be a GSED someday.

Neither did I.

So, about your knowledge, has working with Brian gived you more than the GSEB or do they go hand in hand?

Thanks in advance for taking time to answer

Status
Not open for further replies.