The natural release action of the PingMan machine

Status
Not open for further replies.
You realize that's 10 years ago...right. Ya think maybe things have changed. I think Brian isn't a TGM'er anymore.

Last edited:
You HAVE TO APPLY TORQUE FROM THE HANDS.....PingMan "fakes" that by altering the acceleration profiles of the rotor.

I guess that's a "no".

You don't think the straightening right arm can alter the acceleration profile of the hands-around-body torque for the human golfer?

All I'm saying is that if the human golfer's wrists were incapable of bending and twisting BY THEMSELVES, then he could still CAUSE them to bend and twist. Besides all the research proving as much, so does PingMan. You may think that the golfer SHOULD apply the torques actively with the wrists, be he sure doesn't HAVE to, to cause them to be present just the same. Its not "wrong", per say, and if it works for someone, great. Personally, I've just found the passive-wrists swing to be a revelation of freedom for my own swinging and a simple, effective intention to teach.

noooooooo....

PingMan has a GEAR that square the face up.......c'mon man.

The hinge can not, by itself, rotate the clubhead around that hinge nor rotate the club around itself. There is no torque powered directly at the hinge. Yet it does both of those things when it swings. That's OK, you can keep deflecting rather than acknowledge this. You're the one who pointed it out in the first place!

Last edited:
Isn't the PingMan's "left wrist" incapable of bowing and cupping? It's only designed to cock and uncock, right? So these arguments relating it to Gamma is irrelevant, right?

It has a GEAR TO SQUARE THE FACE....!!!

I don't know about this site......

Forget the gear! Forget your gamma torque for a minute. Lets just look at the alpha. Lets use the original Iron Byron machine. No gear at the hinge. No torque applied there directly. Yet it releases the clubhead 180 degrees around that hinge. How does that happen if a torque must be applied at the wrists to release the clubhead, as you say?

ZAP

New
I was just watching some video of Iron Byron and I think that the "arms" would have to slow down some to let the club catch up at the bottom. Not sure if this is correct but if it was truly passive and it started over 90 degrees from normal than it would take longer than half a rotation for it to line up unless the arm acceleration decreased.

All I can say is personally adding alpha torque has helped my game immensely.

Forget the gear! Forget your gamma torque for a minute. Lets just look at the alpha. Lets use the original Iron Byron machine. No gear at the hinge. No torque applied there directly. Yet it releases the clubhead 180 degrees around that hinge. How does that happen if a torque must be applied at the wrists to release the clubhead, as you say?
Not Brian, but if the hinge is incapable of bending (cupping nor bowing) and therefore "hardenned" in that respect, isn't the Gamma torque IRRELEVANT?

So Brian is entirely correct on this IMHO.

Last edited:
Gotta admit, I'm not entirely convinced on the need for Gamma, but not entirely convinced on its absence either.

Hogan, for example, clearly says the left wrist must be bowed at impact. My own analysis is this encourages or ensures that the left wrist doesn't impede the "roll" action. Hence, you don't disrupt anything on the hinge's uncock and roll actions.

Endless belt effect?

Bonzai!
If the left wrist isn't bowed, the roll action and, hence, belt effect will be ended/slowed down.

However, this (the bowing) doesn't have to be done by the left wrist itself? Schlee clearly said you have to keep the right wrist bent while firing the right hand and arm. Hogan, as quoted by Tschetter, allegedly said that you have to fire that right hand hard with the last 3 fingers of the right hand (little, ring and middle fingers), which has the effect also of keeping the right wrist bent.

This locks the left wrist into a bowed or flat position, which ensures and unimpedes the unhinge and roll action.

Brian, would the Gamma torque you espousing now be satisfied by this?

Last edited:

Brian Manzella

Administrator
For crying out loud....

Gamma TORQUE and Gamma ROTATION happen in EVERY golf swing.

We are going to bury all the doubters in graphs......

Brian Manzella

Administrator
You have to increase GAMMA Torque at the "magic spot" have way down.

It will increase the GAMMA rotation and then when that snowball is going down hill, you have to reduce the torque.

I love all the cryptic comments BMan has started using. If you get it it all makes sense, if you don't you don't have a clue what he's on about. But it whets your appetite, right Bman?

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/wVQPY4LlbJ4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Status
Not open for further replies.