The Old Ball Flight Laws

Status
Not open for further replies.
Many, many times "newcomers" have posted with an agenda to discredit Brian. Don't be afraid to back up your information and being honest and having thick skin helps.

Brian Manzella

Administrator
Classic Example.

Someone "in the biz" comes to my website, makes claims/statements/etc, gets somewhat, or more than somewhat, schooled by yours truly.

Then they want to take their marbles and run home to mommy.

What a joke.

Don't go to a MATH website and keep adding and subtracting incorrectly and not expect to be corrected.

Your "shot" at Tuxen was NOT very professional. Your almost totally blowing off my corrections of you INCORRECT STATEMENTS were almost as bad.

Probably, you'd have been better off ASKING questions and not MAKING statements that were either incorrect, half-true or taken out of context.

If you'd like, I'll set the camera up this week, and hit ALL KINDS OF DRIVERS with different spin lofts.

Just to show off. ;)

Steve Khatib

Super Moderator
I could not agree more and that is what I was trying to say in my post on page 5. Listen, learn and contribute if you have a question or some worthwhile information that has some factual basis at least.

Brian Manzella

Administrator
I wanna know?

Where do they go?

There is 10,000,000 times more information—and I mean USEFUL, useable information—on this site than any other.

Why would anyone leave?

ZAP

New
page 4 of this thread.....post #34 - brian's video = really good stuff

I would say so. The thing that amazes me about the ball flight laws is that before I started reading on this site and buying the videos and took a lesson I would never have questioned them. Now it is so clear it is not funny.

Brian Manzella

Administrator
Research....

I care a lot about my work.

One of those things that me and the guys are all about, is "getting it right."

So, the last few days I have done a lot of research and me and MDF (Michael David Finney) have done a few phone calls and we will have a really good timeline in the Ball Flight "Laws" history very soon.

Bushey

New
Hello everyone.

Hope you're all doing great.

I'd like to ask for a hint before I start asking silly questions ;) Where can I take a look at a detailed desscription of all possible scenarios in regards the ball flight "laws?" I've tried to find it on this forum but with no luck.

Thanks for your help in advance.

Hello everyone.

Hope you're all doing great.

I'd like to ask for a hint before I start asking silly questions ;) Where can I take a look at a detailed desscription of all possible scenarios in regards the ball flight "laws?" I've tried to find it on this forum but with no luck.

Thanks for your help in advance.

Did you go here and watch the "Essential D-plane" video:

http://www.brianmanzella.com/content/

Otherwise, search "d-plane" and a read for days:)

Last edited:

dbl

New
Bushey, there is no real analog to the 9 ball flights that the old ball flight laws talked about, since those were so dependent on the clubhead path.

Instead, about 85% of the initial direction of the ball flight is determined by where the face is pointing. The effect of the path of the clubhead then influences the ball to curve, away from the path. This is explained in the dplane video and other posts about the dplane. The dplane video also discusses the two cases which have extra factors...when the ball is on ground and being struck in a downward angle, and when the ball is teed and being struck in an upward direction...as the golfer must make corrections for the downward/upward.

I care a lot about my work.

One of those things that me and the guys are all about, is "getting it right."

So, the last few days I have done a lot of research and me and MDF (Michael David Finney) have done a few phone calls and we will have a really good timeline in the Ball Flight "Laws" history very soon.

I was kinda hoping that this thread was dead :eek:. Looking forward to your research findings. I watched and enjoyed your D Plane video the other day :).

Status
Not open for further replies.