The Open - place your bets please

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,

so what are your favourites for The Open?
Mine has to be Lee Westwood, one of these days it just has to happen, I think Luke will disappoint (again).
We might see Louis somewhere in the top ten and I think Francesco Molinari might feature as well.

Tiger? Might win, might miss the cut. You just can't tell nowadays.

Kooch. His Open record blows, but he's the guy I see taking the major winner step next and the Open is the next major, so....

I like the way you think. I was in high school when Daly won in '95. I was watching with my mom and she kept saying "what if John Daly wins?" My response all weekend was "no way in hell he wins THE OPEN ARE YOU KIDDING ME?!?!?"

My pick is the same one I make every year. Ben Curtis. Take it to the bank.

Troy Kelly. I've been telling everyone for 2 years that this guy is the best player on the planet no one has ever heard of. He is great in the wind and can hit run up shots.

Burner

New
Dont be writing him off too soon.

Westwood will finish somewhere between 3rd and 5th. like always.

How many past major winners, or aspirants, would just love too hear that said about them and their consistency?

At least he is in with a realistic chance of winning based on ability more than plain good fortune.

7 top 3s out of his last 15 attempts puts him way out in front of most. Dont it?

How many past major winners, or aspirants, would just love too hear that said about them and their consistency?

At least he is in with a realistic chance of winning based on ability more than plain good fortune.

7 top 3s out of his last 15 attempts puts him way out in front of most. Dont it?

It does, he just doesn't putt well enough to close the deal. Which is why if he does win one it will be The Open with the slower greens and more luck involved in winning.

Wasn't meant to be a knock on him. I fully expect his game to show up in top ten form, I just doubt he will seal the deal. I've never seen him charge through and steal a big tournament and I don't remember him running away with a lot of them either. I give him credit, his game always shows up. He has won only two PGA tour events and they were not at the most glamorous tour stops. At some point you have to look at the mental side, his game has been sharp enough to get it done in a major for a WHILE now.

lia41985

2-D image studying on the range the day before the Open starts?!
2077pqa.jpg

I'm going with Justin Rose.

Last edited:
Im gonna go with rose. Hes played enough links golf as a pro and amateur to know what it takes.

The weather is the biggest lottery, he needs a lucky break with it!

Status
Not open for further replies.