The Pulls

Status
Not open for further replies.
I describe it as hanging on your right side a little and kicking your hips toward the ball on the DS.

By hanging do you mean not getting my weight to my left foot on the ds? If so, I'm getting my weight over there but my timing may be off. My swing definitly feel different in a bad way.

This is only been going on about a week now so I'm still sure what's really going on.

I'd spend a little cash and buy all of Brian and MJ's videos. The 10 things video is really good. Brian goes over the Ernest Jones stuff in Soft Draw. Never Hook again would be a good one for you as well. As I said I have them all, including NSA and have learned and use components and pieces of info. from all of them.

Brian Manzella

Administrator
I think very perceptive detective work by B-man. Not that I would expect anything else.

The key evidence is that your "pulled" iron shots actually have curvature left which means path going more right than your clubface.

Combine that with good driving results and the conclusion is that your left iron shots are actually hooks and not pulls and that you are swinging too far to the right.

That is it.

Brian Manzella

Administrator
Dom, de, dom, dom, DOM!!!

Not sure if I should abandon the hip slide theory or not.

You better not.

The hips SHOULD slide.

BUT!!!...they should open as well. And as the shoulder tilt, THEY should open too.

A new theory has now popped into my head. I have a feeling that I may be underplane on the ds now.

Absolutely.

What type a ball flight is produced by bps?
Thank you to all.

You can hit it fat, thin, right, and left.

Among other things.

Brian Manzella

Administrator
And....

The thing about the "back & forth" drill is this:

You can not be below plane and do it work a crud.

If your FORWARD swing is too below plane, the top of the "left handed backswing" (i.e. the right handed finish), will be off as well and the next move—the left handed forward swing/right handed backswing from the right handed finish—will be way off and you won't be able to scrape the same spot.

The thing about the "back & forth" drill is this:

You can not be below plane and do it work a crud.

If your FORWARD swing is too below plane, the top of the "left handed backswing" (i.e. the right handed finish), will be off as well and the next move—the left handed forward swing/right handed backswing from the right handed finish—will be way off and you won't be able to scrape the same spot.

I can certainly vouch for this. I used to do this drill quite well. Now that my swing crept below plane, it's really really really tough to make contact in the same spot without lots of excess manipulation. :cool:

Ok. All the shots weren't horrible this time. I hit about 140 balls this eve with about 30 good shots. Focusing on less hip slide really did not have the effect I had hoped for. On the plus side, my shots were starting straight but there was still 15-20 yds draw.

Not sure if I should abandon the hip slide theory or not. A new theory has now popped into my head. I have a feeling that I may be underplane on the ds now.

So my question for everyone is: What type a ball flight is produced by bps?
Thank you to all.

Name it, but shanks and high left flips were the norm for me.

Thanks to Brian and everyone's replies.

Unfortunatly it's been raining for about 4 hours here so no practice today, figures. What a game.

Thanks B for the birthday email.
Neil.

Status
Not open for further replies.