Tiger Clinches President's Cup

Status
Not open for further replies.
TV Ratings

I bet the TV ratings absolutely suck.

sunmart is wrong about the ratings:

"MOST WATCHED DAY ONE IN PRESIDENTS CUP*HISTORY" - GeoffShackelford.com, With GolfDigest.com -

ORLANDO, Fla. (Nov. 18, 2011) – Golf Channel’s Day One coverage of The Presidents Cup from Melbourne, Australia, is the most-watched day one in the event’s history, drawing nearly 1.3 million average viewers.

The household rating for the telecast (1.2 / 1,268,000) was up 88 percent from the last comparable round when the biennial event was played overseas (South Africa, 2003) and five percent higher than the previous best day one of the event, played in San Francisco in 2009. This record rating is especially significant given the 16 hour time difference between Melbourne and the East Coast of the United States.

The rating peaked at 1.5 when Tiger Woods teed off against a pairing featuring Adam Scott, who currently employs Woods’ former caddie, Steve Williams.

"MOST WATCHED DAY TWO IN PRESIDENTS CUP*HISTORY" - GeoffShackelford.com, With GolfDigest.com -

ORLANDO, Fla. (Nov. 20, 2011)– Golf Channel’s coverage of The Presidents Cup broke another record, with Day Two viewership topping Day One – the previous best day – to become the most-watched day on cable in the history of the biennial tournament, according to preliminary national ratings released today by Nielsen. This milestone is especially significant given the 16-hour time difference between the U.S. Eastern time zone and Australia.

Golf Channel's Day One and Day Two coverage from Melbourne both surpass all previous days on cable TV in the history of the event, which includes four days on ESPN, eight days on TNT and two days on Golf Channel.

Data showed average viewers for Day Two coverage was 1,508,000. Average viewers for Day One and Day Two combined was up 123 percent from comparable days when the event was last played overseas (South Africa, 2003). Viewership for Day Three and the Final Day of The Presidents Cup will be available when national ratings are released by Nielsen.

The Presidents Cup Day Two coverage anchored Golf Channel’s Thursday primetime schedule, which replaced Wednesday as the most-watched and highest-rated night in primetime ever on the network.​

Success can't be measured by ratings being less bad than they were the last time.

It could've been a lot better. They had the stage all set and they didn't even bother to showcase their technology to there biggest primetime audience ever. Lame. I wanted to watch more of it but my gf got bored and I know it was because they didn't bring out the laser show and all the other technology they could have.

Last edited:

66er

New
My one cent worth:

I thoroughly enjoyed watching golf at night, and I also enjoyed seeing a real golf course. Watching the best players in the world spray drivers into deep rough gets old. Meanwhile, mandating that players show a little creativity in their approach is refreshing. The commentary and coverage was shitty, as always.

The concept of having an "International team" is stupid from the onset. Do you think Ernie Els can actually relate to Y.E. Yang? Do you think he ever feels like they're on the same "team" any other week of the year? It's no wonder that the crowds lacked enthusiasm -- I would have rather seen Australia versus the U.S. Whatever it was or wasn't, it was better than watching any other crap the Golf Channel would have thrown against the wall.

Pretty much this, an international team is pointless unless they are playing a team from a different planet, and the commentary.....all I heard was exquisite this, exquisite that.

Status
Not open for further replies.