Tiger Woods To Make Announcement On Golf Channel Monday Morning

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree with willgolfer. And if so, it's probably for the best. After all, it's not like this is a Ryder Cup year or anything.

One thing I wonder about is if Tiger is researching whether he can perform the Foley swing pattern without stressing his knee. I'd also love to hear from people on this forum why Tiger has had such bad knee problems while Hogan and Mahan have not.

One thing I wonder about is if Tiger is researching whether he can perform the Foley swing pattern without stressing his knee. I'd also love to hear from people on this forum why Tiger has had such bad knee problems while Hogan and Mahan have not.

I think his knee issues *now* are just from coming back a bit too early. And from my experience of watching people coming back to early, they usually go full bore in practice before the actual event that they re-injure themselves.

I don't believe that the 'Foley swing' puts stress on the knee any differently than any other good ballstriker's swing. To me, it's a golf swing which isn't the most strenuous motion in the realm of sports. I think about football players and basketball players who have ACL tears and then go on to have a fine career with no real knee issues after their surgery and they are putting a lot more stress and torque on their knees by cutting, stopping, flexing and just about anything a human can possibly do to a knee (not to mention people rolling up on the knee). So, that's why I don't think it's a swing issue at this moment but more of a coming back too quickly issue.

3JACK

He is announcing his plans for amateur re-instatement. No wait, he is announcing his plans to.....f>€# it, who cares. Bring on Rory, the British Open and anything else that's not filled with excuses.

I think his knee issues *now* are just from coming back a bit too early. And from my experience of watching people coming back to early, they usually go full bore in practice before the actual event that they re-injure themselves.

I don't believe that the 'Foley swing' puts stress on the knee any differently than any other good ballstriker's swing. To me, it's a golf swing which isn't the most strenuous motion in the realm of sports. I think about football players and basketball players who have ACL tears and then go on to have a fine career with no real knee issues after their surgery and they are putting a lot more stress and torque on their knees by cutting, stopping, flexing and just about anything a human can possibly do to a knee (not to mention people rolling up on the knee). So, that's why I don't think it's a swing issue at this moment but more of a coming back too quickly issue.

3JACK

That is a very optimistic take, 3Jack. For the sake of American golf, I sure hope you're right!

ZAP

New
He is announcing his plans for amateur re-instatement. No wait, he is announcing his plans to.....f>€# it, who cares. Bring on Rory, the British Open and anything else that's not filled with excuses.

+1 and a big YAWN from me. as well as a DILLIGAF.

+1 and a big YAWN from me. as well as a DILLIGAF.

Oh, such negativity about Tiger. Come on. The guy's still the biggest draw for the game by a factor of 1,000. Can you imagine a Rory-Tiger showdown in a major? How awesome would that be? So much better than even Tiger-Phil!

That is a very optimistic take, 3Jack. For the sake of American golf, I sure hope you're right!

I don't think it's optimistic. If you come back too early and re-injure yourself there's always a chance that the re-injury can be worse than the initial injury. I just think that his re-injury has little to do with what Foley is teaching him...otherwise there would be a lot of knee injuries on Tour each year.

3JACK

I don't think it's optimistic. If you come back too early and re-injure yourself there's always a chance that the re-injury can be worse than the initial injury. I just think that his re-injury has little to do with what Foley is teaching him...otherwise there would be a lot of knee injuries on Tour each year.

3JACK

I think it's optimistic. How do you know that Tiger could conquer his knee problems with just 6 to 9 more months of rest? It's conceivable, but I don't see how it's certain.

Haney on Tiger's physical struggles:

Truth & Rumors: Haney says Tiger return 'up for debate' - Press Tent

"Tiger isn't the best player right now," says Haney, ever the pragmatist. "Not right this minute. He isn't even a player at the moment. And whether he will be again is up for debate. There are questions to be answered. Can his body stand up to the practice he is going to have to do? That's doubtful at best. In the last three years and a bit, he has missed maybe 15 months of playing time.

"Somehow, he is going to have to get into a condition that allows him to play and practise a lot in order to get his game back. And I mean a lot, not a couple of weeks or three or four events; he's got to play a lot of golf. Can his body do that? We'll see.​

Have you seen Haney's new wife? I think it's actually the opposite.

I was refering to his relationship with Tiger. Tiger has clearly moved on, Haney is dwelling on the past. I wonder if he drives by Tiger's house late at night, and calls him and just hangs up.

I have seen Haney's wife. She's not bad looking. From the neck down.

Rather than keep sponsors hopeful, he should take the rest of the year off, and come back when healthy. He and Sean Foley should bury the last year in the desert, like O'Grady supposedly did with Seve. Seriously, a major issue could be with the arrest of the Canadian doctor that treated him and other athletes. If that guy starts talking about what he injected into certain athletes, will records end up being questioned? His credentials as a human being have taken a hit since the "car accident". What would happen if implicated in steroid use? I hope not, would love a comeback at the Masters next year.

Status
Not open for further replies.