Timing/Rythm (a question for Art)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay thanks for the advice. I thought the Orange Whip trainer would be good for this as it gives me a good feel of the transition (it teaches a smooth transition). But I can understand that the timing might be different given the different weight (swing speed would be slower I guess due to the heavy club).

Orange Whip is good for stretching yourself out and making full swing motions in the process, kinda like how Tom Watson likes to warm up with the longest iron in the bag. As far as tempo...nah. I swing it for a couple minutes after I get out of the car then toss it back in the trunk.

It is good for stretching you out, feeling a wider arc, keeps you from tugging. It's pretty difficult to replicate the tempo of an orange whip swing though, even if you tried to, it's just a different animal than the clubs in your bag, unless you happen to be playing a ladies flex driver with a g-7 swingweight.

Okay thanks for the advice. I thought the Orange Whip trainer would be good for this as it gives me a good feel of the transition (it teaches a smooth transition). But I can understand that the timing might be different given the different weight (swing speed would be slower I guess due to the heavy club).
It definitely helps you not get snatchy (?) with the club from the top, but once you grab a regular club, all bets are off. It's simply not the same. Really freaking expensive, too.

Status
Not open for further replies.