Tongzilla's proceedure

Status
Not open for further replies.
I dont know about anybody else but when tongzilla gets all chapter-and-verse like that it makes me feel gooood. The point here is mechanical advantage. Any pattern if tied together throughout can be defended. This why i find it so hard to take a position. Is a mercedes better than a bmw, or is a vw better than both if driven by a killer white knuckle driver? It seems like an age old question....

quote:Originally posted by brianman

When I worked with Leo, I could get him in a very GOLF LIKE top-of-the-backswing position ONLY if his head moved a bit.

I figured my head had to move because it wasn't in its Impact location, so it had to seek for that location during the swing.

I was quite a short hitter when I saw you Brian. Polishing the ball -- compressing it like a girl. I think you will love the Pattern I'm using now because it's exactly the one you showed me at Canton (with a few more upgrades). And the results? They speak for themselves -- average 35 yards longer (carry) with Driver with 20% less muscular effort (feel-wise), and in the short stuff much more often. Brian is the master of teaching TGM using metaphors and imagery.

quote:Originally posted by blacklabelpro

I dont know about anybody else but when tongzilla gets all chapter-and-verse like that it makes me feel gooood. The point here is mechanical advantage. Any pattern if tied together throughout can be defended. This why i find it so hard to take a position. Is a mercedes better than a bmw, or is a vw better than both if driven by a killer white knuckle driver? It seems like an age old question....

Thanks for your kind words blacklabelpro.

The point is, the debate about Pivot Controlled Hands vs Hand Controlled Pivot (which isn't even considered as a Component Variation) is much bigger and significant than the debate about using a Random Sweep Release vs Snap Release, or Float Loading vs normal Drag Loading (which by the way has nothing to do with which side of the coast you live in or believe in). Continuing with your metaphors of cars, it's like comparing a Mercedes with a bicycle.

At the risk of sounding obnoxiously repetitive...the key is in what you're Monitoring. And if you're Monitoring the Pivot, then you're using...?

Jim Kobylinski

Super Moderator
quote:Originally posted by tongzilla

quote:Originally posted by brianman

When I worked with Leo, I could get him in a very GOLF LIKE top-of-the-backswing position ONLY if his head moved a bit.

I figured my head had to move because it wasn't in its Impact location, so it had to seek for that location during the swing.

I was quite a short hitter when I saw you Brian. Polishing the ball -- compressing it like a girl. I think you will love the Pattern I'm using now because it's exactly the one you showed me at Canton (with a few more upgrades). And the results? They speak for themselves -- average 35 yards longer (carry) with Driver with 20% less muscular effort (feel-wise), and in the short stuff much more often. Brian is the master of teaching TGM using metaphors and imagery.

30 yards more carry? Holy crap, i wouldn't say you were polishing the ball i'd say you were slapping at it haha.

That's A LOT man. Where did you find all that leakage? More lag? Better left wrist position, full rolling it manzella/doyle style?

I'm curious.

quote:Originally posted by birdie_man

quote:Originally posted by MizunoJoe

4bls - so you REALLY believe that picking the club up and placing it into a position at the top can provide the physics required for a full length course?

Doesn't Couples do that?

He lifts his hands up above the shoulders and then makes as full a shoulder coil as you'll see anywhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.