Top teachers getting some big fees.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Because they payed for an education, not a job, ie they payed to improve their knowledge and skills.

So, having said that, would you pay to go to a university if, on the front end, your fairy godmother said: "you will aquire knowledge and skills but you will absolutely not be allowed to use them to get a job. But you will have the satisfaction of being more knowledgeable and skillful."

What would you charge for golf lessons if you had to guarantee that the student would graduate into a job using their new skills and knowledge?

As a customer, I think it would be cheaper for me to pay by the hour.

What would you charge for golf lessons if you had to guarantee that the student would graduate into a job using their new skills and knowledge?

As a customer, I think it would be cheaper for me to pay by the hour.

Ah, that good ole Scottish pragmatism that has made us the most successful emigrants in modern history. ;)

So, having said that, would you pay to go to a university if, on the front end, your fairy godmother said: "you will aquire knowledge and skills but you will absolutely not be allowed to use them to get a job. But you will have the satisfaction of being more knowledgeable and skillful."

Honestly Virtu, if the knowledge and skills were important to me, then yes I would.

Jwat

New
Wulsy, riddle me this: if a person goes to a university and graduates, but then can't get hired for a job, for whatever reason, should he be refunded his money from the university?

Probably because they ended up getting grants to go to that university in the first place. So they should get a refund of taxpayer money? Everybody wants a hand out anymore. If someone has a college degree they can get a job. They choose not to because it isn't what they envisioned for themselves, lazy. Typical....

You pay for a golf lesson and don't improve there should be no refunds. It is your job as a golfer to research who you are taking a lesson from and your job to take that information to the course.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.