Troubleshooting Streaming & Download of "Ideas about The Release" video

Status
Not open for further replies.
Difficulties viewing this video. I have never had difficulties with previous videos. I have paid for it and have the link under the Shop tab.
On my Windows 7 laptop this clicking play results in a frame from the video. It will not play. If I do the same on my XP laptop, it plays, but with a buffering every few seconds, not useable.

There instructions saying right click to download in various formats. This is what I want to do, but this doesn't work on either my Windows 7 machine, or my XP machine. No File | Save As appears.

I have sent a message to Brian.

Had he same issue and found that the video formats in the instructions are links. I clicked on the MP4 and it is currently downloading to a temp file. I have about another 30 minutes before the download completes and try to play it, so I don't know if that worked.

After downloading to temp folder, I moved the file to the desktop and it worked.

Last edited:

admin

Administrator
Staff member
Try just going back to the view order page (or email link) and view the video again. The original mp4 encoding appeared to have some issues and should be resolved, and other versions are now available as well including ogg and webm. A revised fly is coming shortly.

admin

Administrator
Staff member
Yes, I see that. The FLV version at this time is the only complete video. the MP4 is complete as well, but it has streaming issues and I'm having trouble encoding that file, so I will attempt to encode from the FLV version and give it another try. Could be 1-2 hours before this is resolved, but if you click on the download links when the video page shows up, on FLV, you should be able to watch the full 37 or so minutes of the video.

admin

Administrator
Staff member
Okay, I believe MP4 version is now working and streaming correctly. The other versions are forthcoming.

How do I download the video. I paid my money through paypal and got an e-mail from confirming. A link was listed but when going to the link it doesn't show that I purchased. Any help appreciated.

admin

Administrator
Staff member
How do I download the video. I paid my money through paypal and got an e-mail from confirming. A link was listed but when going to the link it doesn't show that I purchased. Any help appreciated.

If you where not logged in when you placed your order, you will have to logout of the website and click on the link in the email to see your order.

admin

Administrator
Staff member
The quality of the video is degraded compared to the first MP4 I downloaded (which stopped at 32:nn.)

It was encoded using a more compatible codec with a little higher compression to save on download speed and make it more compatible.

Excellent video, Brian.

I was able to download the video starting around 10 AM PST (I chose MP4) no problem via the link in the email. Using my pc laptop, Windows 7 and Internet Explorer (i.e. not Firefox). Although the download took almost two hours I attribute that to being connected to the internet via wi-fi rather than hard wired and most likely bandwidth issues due to so many people downloading at the same time. I was averaging about 140 kb/sec.

As stated above, the video is great. Really more than I expected from an instructional point of view. I can hardly wait to take this info to the range.

As an aside, I used a free software application (Videora) to convert my previously purchased Manzella videos to play on my iphone and will be doing the same for this video. The software converts to other formats for other devices as well. I offer this info only because the software is free and relatively easy to use if anyone is interested.

I do have a couple of (probably dumb) questions after watching "Ideas" but I'm going to hold off to see if a separate thread starts up after more folks see the video.

admin

Administrator
Staff member
All (4) formats are now live and the correct length. Sorry about any inconvenience. If your still getting the old 32 min videos, clear your browser cache and restart your browser application and you should be good to go.

How long after paying does it take links to show up in either email or in the "my purchased items" section? Paid about 20 mins ago. Hope I didn't screw it up!

Above the video, where you see :

Download Video (right click, save as): MP4, OGG, WEBM, FLV

Right click on the format you want to download, not the video itself. i.e for a Quicktime version right click on MP4.
Then the browser will start the download.

Above the video, where you see :

Download Video (right click, save as): MP4, OGG, WEBM, FLV

Right click on the format you want to download, not the video itself. i.e for a Quicktime version right click on MP4.
Then the browser will start the download.

"What a maroon!" /Bugs Bunny voice.... followed by giant Face Palm.

Last edited:
The "save as" on right click is not available in Safari. OK in Chrome after video starts. After download begins video can be stopped.

Status
Not open for further replies.