Tumble Torque

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you take that preconceived approach, I won't bother to re-educate you ... since I have just been warned off to not hurt people's tender feelings.

However, on the issue of the closing clubface at Impact, I don't think anybody who understands the dynamics would advocate applying a "tumble" torque to the club handle to manipulate the clubface through Impact. I believe Dr. Woods only acknowledges that there is some nominal speed difference between the toe and heel at Impact, but does he explain why it happens and it's consequence to the Impact event? Search that out before throwing it out as something that you believe contradicts my comments.

It's also something that BManz should clarify to legitimize Project 1.68 ....

Again, I believe any torque that is being applied is to "square up" the shaft. I fully believe any CONSIOUS attempt to manipulate the the face by itself is folly. So, I concur in many ways with what you are saying.

S

SteveT

I'll paraphrase he good Doctor: There are two ways to apply force on the down-swing 1. pushing down with the right hand and 2. pulling up with the left hand.

A Manzella instructor here, can't remember who, has recommended uncocking the left wrist by pushing down with the right hand. I think he is saying the same thing.
Drew

Drew .... the hands don't create the pushing and pulling forces ... they are just the recipients at the extremities and just apply the forces generated elsewhere. A fine point of clarification, but scientifically relevant.

Status
Not open for further replies.