US Open at Olympic

Status
Not open for further replies.
Note that the tee shot looks more confined by trees in that picture than it actually is. The shadows cast by the trees make it a bit misleading...it is pretty wide open and the tee box is elevated a bit.

Westwood says he hit his first drive "on the perfect line". Thoughts?
Hard to believe that that is the case given that five minutes later he blistered his second ball a little left of that into the perfect spot. That notwithstanding, it was an absolute travesty for that to happen, for Lee to take six, and then watch all the frontrunners collapse like deckchairs knowing he was just too far behind to catch them.

Didn't they say massive amounts of golf balls fell out of a few of the 600+ trees they cut down?

Is it more than a coincidence that 2 guys named Lee had their balls disappear in a tree on the same hole? Lee Harvey Oswald's bullet disappeared. Bruce Lee's autopsy disappeared. And Lee Majors career disappeared.

Westy may want to consider going by Leroy Westwood.

Didn't they say massive amounts of golf balls fell out of a few of the 600+ trees they cut down?

Is it more than a coincidence that 2 guys named Lee had their balls disappear in a tree on the same hole? Lee Harvey Oswald's bullet disappeared. Bruce Lee's autopsy disappeared. And Lee Majors career disappeared.

Westy may want to consider going by Leroy Westwood.
Robert E. Lee lost some stuff too. Bubba missed the cut driving the General Lee.

That last example is such a cheeky set-up; you're as cunning as a truckload of foxes there, Mr. Mike.

And why should Lee change his name,; Vivienne Westwood did great...;)

Last edited:
Does anybody think that 5 Hour Energy could be a a factor in Furyk's poor play down the stretch? Seems a little strange to me. Can't a fit slender guy like Jim get his energy from food? He plays so slow he may need 6 Hour Energy for 18 holes.

I know that was a joke, but no way he drinks that crap. Especially on days he plays. I would HOPE they're just paying him to say all the crap he says about it. Caffeine + golf = bad news.

Jim Kobylinski

Super Moderator
5 hour energy has as much caffeine as 1 cup of coffee and they have decaf versions as well, not enough to cause anyone to do much.

Last edited:

dbl

New
Re: Lee and the tree on #5, don't know if this is accurate, but the writer picked to play the course by lottery on Monday said his tee shot on 5 hit the same tree as Lee's, but dropped down, leaving...230 yards to the hole. If so, then it appears like Lee's tee shot had a fair bit of curve to it.

I rewatched the telecast and they showed the pro-trace of both his drives, and the first started very far to the right, compared to his 2nd's or Furyk's or McDowell's. I'd conclude he took a very aggressive line.

Last edited:
You should drink one and then tell me they're straight.

LOL. Especially if you're not a coffee drinker. I had one of those, and it took a bit of effort not to jump up and run up and down the aisles of the auditorium I was sitting in. At that point, I knew what it felt like to be my kids when they seem absolutely incapable of sitting still.

Status
Not open for further replies.