wedges going left

Status
Not open for further replies.
Body is setup open to the target, ball position is back in my stance, divot going left.

Ball is flying about 5-10 yards left of the target with a small draw, even with 60 degrees.

I tried to swing really left, but it still draws. It's already 2 degrees flat.

Any resolution to this?

Vertical swing plane not as shallow as longer irons therefore all things being relative you should set up less open to the target with a wedge than with a long iron. If its just a case of ball going left but trajectory is fine this should solve it. If the trajectory indicates a closed face then address that too.

Many players think that by playing a ball forward gives them time to close the face or by playing it back it stays open to the target for a righty. Thats a assumption not a guarantee.

Could your AoA be too steep (from setup and/or alignment) for the amount of left you feel you're swinging?

Burner

New
Could your AoA be too steep (from setup and/or alignment) for the amount of left you feel you're swinging?

Ball position, he says, is 'back in his stance', so AoA too steep is a distinct possibility. And much more so than if he moved his ball further forwards.

Ball position, he says, is 'back in his stance', so AoA too steep is a distinct possibility. And much more so than if he moved his ball further forwards.

Yep, first thing I thought of when he said ball back, ball going left. Just a hunch based on the info.

I don't knwo what AOA means, but I tried to get as steep as possible with the wedge. Kind of like up the wall and down the wall, but the club just goes inside and force me to release the club head. I found that if I tried to use my right shoulder and try to hit a big slice it goes straight.

Status
Not open for further replies.