What a good pivot looks like...and doesn't

Status
Not open for further replies.
As You Stated and This is An Empirical TRUTH - "I understand that pivot, backswing and forward motion are inter-related.".... All Cars Have Wheels, Motors, Brakes, Etc.... But You Know Damn Well that Your Ford Focus's Wheels, Motor, Brakes, etc. Would NOT Fit on My Honda Odyssey... Sam Snead Sit Pivots.... Because Sam's BackSwing and Forward motion Dictates a Sit Pivot to Execute His Magnificent Swing..... You Do not Have Sam's Backswing or Forward Motion So Therefore You Can NOT use Sam's Sit Pivot..... Have a Great Day....:)

Unless your backswing and forward motion have the same dynamics as Snead, you can't have his sit-down, and unless you have a sit-down move like his, you can't have his dynamics, and unless your backswing and pivot are like his, you can't have his forward swing, and unless your head isn't shaped like his, you can't have his hat, and unless all elements are like his you can't have a swing like his,and....

Hey, BBilly, know what a "tautology" is? (hint: one thing it is NOT is an "explanation")
:)

Bronco Billy

Yes... We are at an ImPasse....

Unless your backswing and forward motion have the same dynamics as Snead, you can't have his sit-down, and unless you have a sit-down move like his, you can't have his dynamics, and unless your backswing and pivot are like his, you can't have his forward swing, and unless your head isn't shaped like his, you can't have his hat, and unless all elements are like his you can't have a swing like his,and....

Hey, BBilly, know what a "tautology" is? (hint: one thing it is NOT is an "explanation")
:)

You as Most Others on this Forum Believe in InterChangeable Parts of the Golf Swing.... I and Many Others in this Universe Do NOT Believe in InterChangeAble Parts of the Human GolfSwing.... I and Others Believe in Cause and Effect of Certain Motions of the Human Body that are All Connected and Related to Each other in a Temporal Fashion to Produce the Most Efficient Manner Possible to Propel a GolfBall Far and Straight with Minimal effort.... Have a Great Day....:)

You as Most Others on this Forum Believe in InterChangeable Parts of the Golf Swing.... I and Many Others in this Universe Do NOT Believe in InterChangeAble Parts of the Human GolfSwing.... I and Others Believe in Cause and Effect of Certain Motions of the Human Body that are All Connected and Related to Each other in a Temporal Fashion to Produce the Most Efficient Manner Possible to Propel a GolfBall Far and Straight with Minimal effort.... Have a Great Day....:)

Is that font bacon-colored?

I think most people believe in a complex inter-relationship of "parts" or "motions," everyone understands that as you adjust one part or motion you have many effects. Adjust a clubface, change a pivot. Less pop-out, different motions, adjust backswings, different downswing capabilities, etc. You simply aren't answering the question of "why" and what it is that people lack that prevent them from using the ground like Snead.

The next thing I know you're going to be telling me about Ferris wheels, carnival rides, and 3-D machines...

Bronco Billy

All Naturals and Touring Pros(Also Naturals) Use the Ground Like Snead...

I think most people believe in a complex inter-relationship of "parts" or "motions," everyone understands that as you adjust one part or motion you have many effects. Adjust a clubface, change a pivot. Less pop-out, different motions, adjust backswings, different downswing capabilities, etc. You simply aren't answering the question of "why" and what it is that people lack that prevent them from using the ground like Snead.

The next thing I know you're going to be telling me about Ferris wheels, carnival rides, and 3-D machines...

ALL World Class Golfers START Their BackSwings with a ClockWise Rotation of their Hips which Winds Their Bodys Into a Spring from the Ground Up to the Top of the BackSwing.... ALL World Class Golfers START Their DownSwings with a CounterClockWise Rotation of the Hips UnWinding the Force of the Spring to Impact.... Have a Great Day With Your New Information....:)

Z

Zztop

most people have to use conscious thought to do a particular move that they don't do subconsciously or so called natural, that alone makes it difficult, like yogi berra said how can you think and hit at the same time! if your constantly making changes to your swing how can you ever own it! like driving your car do you keep telling yourself how to drive? it get's to a point of diminishing returns. eventually you have to trust yourself, not everyone can do all these different moves it comes down to your ability,:D you or i will never be perfect.
practice on the range ,play on the course. it's just a really hard game.:eek:

ALL World Class Golfers START Their BackSwings with a ClockWise Rotation of their Hips which Winds Their Bodys Into a Spring from the Ground Up to the Top of the BackSwing.... ALL World Class Golfers START Their DownSwings with a CounterClockWise Rotation of the Hips UnWinding the Force of the Spring to Impact.... Have a Great Day With Your New Information....:)

Wait, people turn clockwise on the backswing and then counterclockwise on downswing??? This is SHOCKING News!!! I've been turning the wrong way. Maybe if I'd grown up in the Southern Hemisphere I wouldn't be twirling the wrong way.

Is that brown font the color of Planter's Dry-roasted Peanuts?

Last edited:
Wait, people turn clockwise on the backswing and then counterclockwise on downswing??? This is SHOCKING News!!! I've been turning the wrong way. Maybe if I'd grown up in the Southern Hemisphere I wouldn't be twirling the wrong way.

Is that brown font the color of Planter's Dry-roasted Peanuts?

Maybe your left handed. Just an observation.

Why does BB act like such an A-Hole? Can we get an in-depth explination on that?

One thing that hurts Mr. Bronco Billy's credibility is his butchering of common grammatical rules.

Capitals were invented to serve a purpose. Capitalizing every third word, or so it seems, simply destroys his attempt to be the smartest hombre on the golf instruction planet. Sentences end with one period, not three. Frankly, this is almost, but not quite, as distracting as people who use no capitalization, and create sentences that go on forever, with no paragraphing. I just stop trying to read these posts.

When I see writing like this, I immediately think un-educated. Of course, I'm one of those people that cringes when a talking-head on television butchers the English language by saying, for instance, "He played that shot excellent." Drives me nuts.

One thing that hurts Mr. Bronco Billy's credibility is his butchering of common grammatical rules.

Capitals were invented to serve a purpose. Capitalizing every third word, or so it seems, simply destroys his attempt to be the smartest hombre on the golf instruction planet. Sentences end with one period, not three. Frankly, this is almost, but not quite, as distracting as people who use no capitalization, and create sentences that go on forever, with no paragraphing. I just stop trying to read these posts.

When I see writing like this, I immediately think un-educated. Of course, I'm one of those people that cringes when a talking-head on television butchers the English language by saying, for instance, "He played that shot excellent." Drives me nuts.

i'll make every attempt to correct my grammar and be sure to capitalize all my sentences ;)

Maybe your left handed. Just an observation.

Why does BB act like such an A-Hole? Can we get an in-depth explination on that?

Why? Only BB knows. The man himself, BM, has asked him not to post in the manner he does. Guess Mr. BB has a short memory.

Once apon a time in a land (that seems so) far away, there was a little community of teachers. They all had at least two things in common, and they all also could make nice looking swings.

They knew what a good pivot looked like and they knew what didn't.

Anyhoo, enough dreaming....

This is a young (11 yrs. old) student of mine.

He takes about 8-10 half-hour lessons a year, this year and last.

Last year he was basically a raw beginner. He doesn't practice much, and plays very little. He isn't big or strong. He does have a great attitude and is progressing nicely. He has great parents and as long as he sticks around, he'll be fine.

These are pictures from video that I took to answer a thread on "how to move the head" that I shot showing me teach this young man.

I haven't decided on whether I'll post it. But here are some stills.

The bottom picture that looks "pasted in," is what he does if I don't keep him "in line" —so to speak.

BTW, the good top of the backswing picture, is EXACTLY what:

"I think a Pivot Should Look Like."

In a perfect world, of course. ;)

whatagoodpivot.jpg

What a swing! From 2006 so he should be getting scholarship offers now right?

Once apon a time in a land (that seems so) far away, there was a little community of teachers. They all had at least two things in common, and they all also could make nice looking swings.

They knew what a good pivot looked like and they knew what didn't.

Anyhoo, enough dreaming....

This is a young (11 yrs. old) student of mine.

He takes about 8-10 half-hour lessons a year, this year and last.

Last year he was basically a raw beginner. He doesn't practice much, and plays very little. He isn't big or strong. He does have a great attitude and is progressing nicely. He has great parents and as long as he sticks around, he'll be fine.

These are pictures from video that I took to answer a thread on "how to move the head" that I shot showing me teach this young man.

I haven't decided on whether I'll post it. But here are some stills.

The bottom picture that looks "pasted in," is what he does if I don't keep him "in line" —so to speak.

BTW, the good top of the backswing picture, is EXACTLY what:

"I think a Pivot Should Look Like."

In a perfect world, of course. ;)

whatagoodpivot.jpg

Hope this shows up on the forum page, tried before and it didn't work. This kid looks like a pro.

I think of all the great advice in this forum, this perfect pivot stuff has helped me the most. Once I broke free of the static head concept everything just became more natural and free flowing.

Hope that kid stuck with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.