What/How you gonna do in 2011?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I always look forward to a new year.

I always believe it will be better than the last.

I know I'm gonna beat my lowest tournament round (64).

I know I'm gonna add to the ace total (4).

I know I'm gonna hit my longest drive.

I know I'm gonna win more $ than I lose.

I know I'm gonna play more rounds with coach.

I know I'm gonna play a round with Shields.

What's not to look forward to? :)

Brian Manzella

Administrator
How would you define that?

There are about 5 million golfers in the USA who have a handicap or are professionals.

In 2001, I probably had a name recognition of about 0.02% of these folks.

Right now, I say that it is around 1%.

By the end of this year, I am hoping for 5%-8%

(That would be a really big jump)

There are about 5 million golfers in the USA who have a handicap or are professionals.

Brian, I agree this would be a huge jump and think it is entirely possible. My question would be how do you intend to accurately measure this to ensure you made progress or achieved you goal of being "famous"?

50K to 400K would be a hellova jump. I don't know those stats anymore than I know quantum physics, but I have to believe that 50K is a conservative base line.

My goal this year is the same as last year. Shoot under par. I played 24 rounds last year and had 5 really good shots at it. I came in at even twice and both times missed a realistic birdie putt on the last. I am way more comfortable now at even par on the 16th tee than I ever have been in my life. I even am still mentally engaged at 2 over after 12 whereas before last year, I would know my goal was out of reach.

I will break par this year. More than once.

Oh, and I will get a lesson with the Manz. Hopefully in person, but if not, Mr. Casio may allow for technologically aided improvement.

Jared Willerson

Super Moderator
The forum has 23,000 members, I would say he has recognition of around 50-
60,000 right now.

Release a book, get published in any golf magazine, even one of the lesser ones (Golf Tips, etc.) would do a lot.

Brian Manzella

Administrator
famous for what?

I knew I should have body checked you in Canton. :D

C'Mon Leo. Give me a break.

I've done pretty well for myself since you've seen me.

I remember January 2004, at the PGA Show, being recognized by another PGA Pro from the forum. I though that was so cool.

You should walk around the Show with me this year, I will be "recognized" by 100's of pros and non-pros.

That's quite a jump, no.

But, I'm telling you, this will be a BIG, BIG year.

The forum has 23,000 members, I would say he has recognition of around 50-
60,000 right now.

Release a book, get published in any golf magazine, even one of the lesser ones (Golf Tips, etc.) would do a lot.

I agree. ;)

Disappointed you cut out you and Mike arguing at the symposium...

Brian's eyes were coming out of his head a little...

But it was funny.

I knew I should have body checked you in Canton. :D

C'Mon Leo. Give me a break.

I've done pretty well for myself since you've seen me.

I remember January 2004, at the PGA Show, being recognized by another PGA Pro from the forum. I though that was so cool.

You should walk around the Show with me this year, I will be "recognized" by 100's of pros and non-pros.

That's quite a jump, no.

But, I'm telling you, this will be a BIG, BIG year.
You can't blame me for asking. Afterall you are the multi-talented and animated Brian Manzella.

It's been great to see this forum grow and to see you grow as a teacher. I some how feel I've been part of this journey. Whatever happens in 2011, never give up and never stop searching. :)

Brian Manzella

Administrator
You can't blame me for asking. Afterall you are the multi-talented and animated Brian Manzella.

It's been great to see this forum grow and to see you grow as a teacher. I some how feel I've been part of this journey. Whatever happens in 2011, never give up and never stop searching. :)

Thanks little buddy.

EVERYONE who has been part of this forum from the beginning, deserves a little credit for whatever happens.

I will NEVER stop digging, searching, or trying.

Status
Not open for further replies.