What Kind of Release is this? & Can an effective swing include no deceleration?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I really don't think it matters who it is. The question is about classification.

I'd have a hard time believing that someone would classify that as a flip.

Here's a question: Can you accurately define a flip/improper release by what's going on with the left arm or wrist, if the the right wrist hasn't straightened out prematurely (Westwood, Sadlowski), and the club is lining up later rather than earlier?

Last edited:

Brian Manzella

Administrator
I'd have a hard time believing that someone would classify that as a flip.

Here's a question: Can you accurately define a flip/improper release as what's going on with the left arm or wrist, if the the right wrist hasn't straightened out prematurely (Westwood, Sadlowski), and the club is lining up later rather than earlier?

ALL right wrists are in the process of straightening and ALL left wrists are in the process of bending.

That's why they use WIRED 6DOF 3D for nearly every serious research on the body—not just for golf—worldwide.

natep

New
Some people are so far behind in the race, they think they're actually winning.

No amount of scientific research will ever change their minds. In fact a significant part of their time is always spend nitpicking the research of the world's leading minds and trying to poke little holes in it, while altogether ignoring how absolutely atrocious their own attempts at 'research' are.

Basically, there's no hope for these types.

Just about everytime I notice web-wide flame wars warming up about the minutae of release types, it strikes me how all-encompassing the pinata analogy is (or for that matter, the stick-ball analogy). Those two analogies, all by themselves, tell you so much about how good players generate speed and orientate the club geometry when they hit the ball, that it is breathtaking.

ALL right wrists are in the process of straightening and ALL left wrists are in the process of bending.

That's why they use WIRED 6DOF 3D for nearly every serious research on the body—not just for golf—worldwide.

I know. I'm just determining what you'd look at to define whether or not there's a flip happening in a given swing.

So flipping is a matter of when and how the right and left wrists straighten and bend, respectively, as opposed to whether they are held in the impact attitude through the impact area? In other words, a flip is just the right thing happening at the wrong time, or is there more to it?

I know. I'm just determining what you'd look at to define whether or not there's a flip happening in a given swing.

So flipping is a matter of when and how the right and left wrists straighten and bend, respectively, as opposed to whether they are held in the impact attitude through the impact area? In other words, a flip is just the right thing happening at the wrong time, or is there more to it?

As I see it, dragging is pointing the butt-end past the ball, flipping is pointing the clubhead in front of the ball. In between those two outer bounds, there are probably 17 ways to do something pretty good, with specific ball flight tendencies and patterns attached to each. As stated above, if you bust the pinata, you're going to end up with something pretty good.

Erik_K

New
How about non-hacker style release. Anyone who looks like that at impact is ripping the ball and we probably see him/her making a run at it on any given sunday.

Status
Not open for further replies.