"you will see how video ruined golf for 30 years"

Status
Not open for further replies.
What has changed since 1982? Sure alot of things from courses,equipment.players,technology and teaching if it was that bad in 82 why did we change anything?

Whew Drew - I can only recommend, if you haven't visited, NEVER to interrupt...

On a more serious note - you should visit, because we haven't fucked things up (yet). Most of the prime suspects cited in this thread never caught on... we're so much of a backwater that we're ahead of the game.

I know what you mean birly. My nana was from Foyers, her father the loch keeper. The kindest soul but she did go on. Indfatigable. Interruption possible only when you brought her tea. Visit maybe but I am getting on and I dream of warmer climes.

Scrambles suck. They have killed the average golfers interest (at least in my area) in medal play tournaments. I refuse to play in them any longer.

Thank you, Wulsy.

I'm rather saddened to hear that you Scottish lads are voting on independence from the Union. With that in mind, can I still count on you and birlyshirly as my brethren, or will you be treating me the way William Wallace treated my forebears?

Ols, I'm sure you could find some Scottish blood in your ancestry, no? But would you really want to? ;)

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/G1tJJO_pVvQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

btp

New
Video or trackman, or sam putt in the hands of the wrong person is bad. You need to know what to do with the information. Anybody with money can buy all the gadgets, but will it make their students better?

Brian Manzella

Administrator
Geez....

You obviously can "see" certain things with video. You can do a lot of things with video IF you know the truth that was ascertained from other more reliable sources.

Personally feel that the pro game is in a pretty healthy state, the players that work hard enough are earning fortunes,and rightly so! I am personally not a massive fan of the entourages that turn up Monday/Tuesday with the players,packing out the practice tee but I understand why they are there,however I would like to see players 'work it out' a little for themselves though, as I feel this could be having a negative effect long term on our youngsters! The massive sponsorship deals that are driving the game will surely demand a world tour sometime soon! something Greg Norman shouted for years ago only to be shot down! course design and condition are constantly improving and as for the equipment, wow I remember playing in waterproofs that were so heavy and noisy they would not have been out of place on a North Sea fishing trawler,now those proofs are light and almost silent! Won't even go down the persimmon headed club route ( I have many a lesson who haven't even hit one of those,that makes you feel old!!) the one area I feel which has regressed badly is etiquette, I rarely hear the cry of 'fore' anymore an even rarer occurrence is to be waved through by the group in front who hunt woefully for that lost ball,un repaired pitch marks, un raked bunkers and divots lying all over the place, the ironic thing is that etiquette costs nothing! Rant over!!

Status
Not open for further replies.