Golf Books

Status
Not open for further replies.
Besides TGM by Kelley here are some of the golf books that I love that confirm what Homer found and/or reinforce his basic concepts. Williams book is a jewel of info if you like the science. Hall's is simply great. The Johnson book has drills with plane board and brooms that are GREAT. Alex Hay was ahead of Homer and right on target (FLW/Bent Right).

The Science of the Golf Swing
by Dave Williams

How to Win the Three Games of Golf
by Hank Johnson

Martin Hall's Golf Myths Exposed
by Martin Hall, Steve Hosid

The Mechanics of Golf
by Alex Hay

The search for the perfect swing
by A. J. Cochran, John Stobbs

Does anyone have any others they recommend?

Just thought I would ask.

Ahhhhh my fave topic lol. You need to add IMO

Perfectly Balanced Golf - Chuck Cook

Chuck was TGM certified and shows quite a few leanings in his book. I liked it immensely overall.

Golf Mind Golf Body Golf Swing - Michael Hebron

This book has loads you won't need but if you read closely you will find so much TGM in there. The book is devoted to lag and the flat left wrist. There is a sensational chapter devoted to Mikes notes while reading TGM. He covers many area's and simplies them superbly. I vastly enjoyed this book, and his continuous emphasis on getting the right shoulder downplane is almost worthy of admission. There are numerous gems in his mini notes on the swing that i think many people missed.

Thanks JohnThomas. I have that one but have not read it yet. It just went to the top of my reading list.

Lynn Blake has added these two to my list:

On Learning Golf by Percy Boomer (1946)

How To Play Your Best Golf All the Time by Tommy Armour (1953)

Keep them coming.

Haven't found a book for that yet Agent99 but I think there is a synopsis in the Hebron book that is pretty good. Also, I found the short videos on TGM at Peter Crokers site to be really interesting and informative. For 25 bucks you get about an hour of demonstration on things like, flying wedges, imperatives, power accumulators, etc. I knew a great deal of it from visiting here often and I have all of Brian's stuff but if I had seen it early on, things would have cleared up quicker.

Keep those books coming.

Keep those boo

Brian Manzella

Administrator
I have a "Golfing Machine" explanation—done years ago—that is the best I ever saw.

But....I am holding it off for a year or two.

Burner

New
The Golf Manual, by Alex Hay.

Strong TGM correlation but no direct reference to it or use of any of the terminology.

Very well presented information in an easy to understand form. Basic and aquired motions first followed by full swing.

quote:Originally posted by brianman

I have a "Golfing Machine" explanation—done years ago—that is the best I ever saw.

But....I am holding it off for a year or two.

Tell us more my man!!! hahahaha

Brian,

With that single post you are going to drive over 50% of the frequent posters nuts! What a cruel, cruel post!

Matt

Great list. Anyone know where to find these? Amazon.com doesn't even stock them. :

How to Win the Three Games of Golf
by Hank Johnson

Martin Hall's Golf Myths Exposed
by Martin Hall, Steve Hosid

The Mechanics of Golf
by Alex Hay

Anyone have a copy of any of the 3 for sale? Thanks.

brian,
a couple of years ago,i asked for the tgm for dummies book. i think it is about time. keep up the good work brian.
jimmy

sfgolfer,

You can search for books at Bestwebbuy.com (books) and also use abe.com (abe book exchange) to search for books on golf. If available, some can be expensive but you can find them at a reasonable cost sometimes. I picked up the first two at a used store here for about 3 bucks apiece(great deals)and the Alex Hay cost me about 6 bucks at Bestwebbuy.com with shipping. Of course, it is an old library book but it looks new. I also have 3 copies of the paperback Ballard book that I picked up at about 2 bucks each time (owned one, bought two) and I don't even like Ballard that much. I pass them on to friends who don't know any better.

Good luck. I don't have time to read much but when I have time, they are around. I have found lots of info that matches TGM (now that I know it better) and try to focus on those aspects in books I buy. Hay is right on (in my opinion).

Have fun.

Let me add another Mike Hebron book "Golf Swing Secrets and Lies Six
Timeless Lessons" It even has a chapter summarizing TGM in plain english.

Status
Not open for further replies.