Left hand only shot

Status
Not open for further replies.
Daly was on Lessons From the Pros demonstrating his ability to hit left hand only shots. He could do it very well. I find it quite difficult. What grip is best for this?

Jim Kobylinski

Super Moderator
The grip isn't the key...the key is knowing how to properly demonstrate a "swing." When my swing goes "away" i start hitting left arm only shots. When i get going well i can hit 90 yard wedge shots

You want to use your Pivot as a Massive Rotor which throws out your Left Arm through Impact. It's all about Accumulator #4 and its Momentum Transfer. Karate Chop downplane, Uncock then Roll -- Sequenced Release. Don't try to add muscle power with your Left Arm.

Jim Kobylinski

Super Moderator
quote:Originally posted by tongzilla

It's all about Accumulator #4 and its Momentum Transfer. Karate Chop downplane, Uncock then Roll -- Sequenced Release. Don't try to add muscle power with your Left Arm.

Bingo!

Grip doesn't matter, it could be manzella neutral or strong single action or Freddie Couples strong ;)

I've seen Ian Woosnam hit 150 yd 7 irons with the left arm with his right hand dangling at his side holding a cigarette.

That's fricken unreal. I don't understand how you could do that. I mean....it's all flimsy and weak without the right arm in there for support.

He used shoulder turn and left arm rotation and it looked effortless. Also, he's only 5' 4", but has a big chest and arms.

hue

New
quote:Originally posted by MizunoJoe

He used shoulder turn and left arm rotation and it looked effortless. Also, he's only 5' 4", but has a big chest and arms.
Ian Woosnam is a freak . He is NOT a LITTLE MAN HE IS A lITTLE BIG MAN. A 6'6" griant's frame compressed into a 5'4" body. He has a huge barrel chest and thick forearms.

Jim Kobylinski

Super Moderator
I can get my 54* wedge to go about 90-100 yards with my left arm only if i really try to spin that flywheel.

Next time i'm hitting well i'll try it with a 7 iron and see how far it goes and with what trajectory

In theory you should hit the ball just as far with left only if you're a swinger right? You don't supply power with the right arm.

Jim Kobylinski

Super Moderator
quote:Originally posted by wanole

In theory you should hit the ball just as far with left only if you're a swinger right? You don't supply power with the right arm.

No but you supply SUPPORT which allows you to swing faster. Same idea with putting wheels on the catapult ;)

I thought with Swinging CF makes your right arm release through impact (the roll part of "uncock and roll")....throws it into impact.

Jim Kobylinski

Super Moderator
quote:Originally posted by birdie_man

I thought with Swinging CF makes your right arm release through impact (the roll part of "uncock and roll")....throws it into impact.

It does, the right arm is there for SUPPORT and STABILITY to allow yourself to build as much centrifugal force as possible to "throw out."

quote:Originally posted by wanole

TGM says it is the driving right shoulder which moves the inert left arm two ways - by pulling the left arm via the left shoulder and by giving the left arm motion by pushing on PP #1 with a bent right arm and ALMOST-PASSIVE right tricep which is supplying extensor action.

The fact is that most of the left arm motion in a two handed swing is supplied with the moving left shoulder and the left shoulder alone can be rotated very powerfully with core muscles without driving the right shoulder, as Woosnam demonstrated.

Status
Not open for further replies.