Left hand only shot

Status
Not open for further replies.
Force equals mass times acceleration right? Per 6-C-O, Extensor Action helps to supply Power Package Mass. The right arm supplies extensor action. So right arm adds mass and thus adds power.

I would think with the added mass you can increase speed- kinda of like when I helped a lady out the other day when her car stalled. I was pushing it slowly when another good samaritan joined me and we were really able to get it going so that she could pull her car over.

quote:Originally posted by MizunoJoe

How does it add speed Brian?

Steve Khatib

Super Moderator
Wether acc#1 is being used in a 4 barrel motion or not it is still passively participating in the motion. The work of the pivot being the shoulders(both) not just the left shoulder produce the transportation vehicle for the accumulators so taking the right arm out would also remove some thrust from the right arm which helps. Lets not forget the pressure point pressure that would be lost by not having pp#3 involved. And I havent even started to mention the loading the would not be as strong by not having the ability to throw against the pp#3. Imagine trying to sense acc#3 roll without having pp#3 so this would also be harder. I am thinking out aloud here but there really is so much more that can be said about this.

Steve Khatib

Super Moderator
By the way the shoulders are defined as the whole back muscles and latmus dorsi so it is not just piston action of muscle power of the right arm that is percieved by most. So a true pivot is both sides being dragged by the left arm as fulcrum in a from 3 lever. Just as Gregg McHatton would say www.golfresearch.com IMO he is the best at explaining and helping you understand the true work of the pivot.

Steve Khatib

Super Moderator
I plyed 18 holes with Bobby Schaeffer and he hit 300 yard drives (with an injury) where his right hand came off the club just at follow through point. He and Gregg McHatton say this may well be the swing of the future. I liked it so much I now use it with my students as an anti steering therapy that they all so desperately need.

The right shoulder and right arm are different things. The spinning flywheel action fo the right shoulder adds tremendous power to the stroke. When you put your right hand on the club, you can't help but also use your right shoulder. Right arm in TGM refers to right triceps. Hope that was clear.

quote:Originally posted by FOUR BARRELS AUSTRALIAN

I plyed 18 holes with Bobby Schaeffer and he hit 300 yard drives (with an injury) where his right hand came off the club just at follow through point. He and Gregg McHatton say this may well be the swing of the future. I liked it so much I now use it with my students as an anti steering therapy that they all so desperately need.

LOL...swing of the future. Can you please post a video of this "right hand off the club at follow through"? It would be great fun to watch!

quote:Originally posted by tongzilla

quote:Originally posted by FOUR BARRELS AUSTRALIAN

LOL...swing of the future. Can you please post a video of this "right hand off the club at follow through"? It would be great fun to watch!

http://grumpygolf.com/Links.htm

Brian hasn't said exactly "how" the right arm provides this extra 100+ yds with a driver, but I think he's talking about right arm rotation "helping" with throwout action after CF has dumped left wrist cock in a sequential release. How many have the talent to delay that deliberate rotation until all the left wrist cock has been expended? If you start this right arm rotation too early, you'll interfere with CF in the releasing of the wristcock.

quote:Originally posted by brianman

Baloney.

Take ANYONE with 110mph of clubhead speed and let them swing left arm only.

90mph at best.

Next.

The "Next" thing is for you to explain exactly HOW the right arm adds 20 mph in a CF Swinging procedure?

Not Brian.
But like I said before, when you put your right hand on the club, you will inevitably be using your right shoulder, which will be driving downplane (a flywheel motion that is totally compatible with Swinging). It is this right shoulder thrust that adds power, not the right arm thrust from triceps (a Hitter's procedure).

quote:Originally posted by tongzilla

Not Brian.
But like I said before, when you put your right hand on the club, you will inevitably be using your right shoulder, which will be driving downplane (a flywheel motion that is totally compatible with Swinging). It is this right shoulder thrust that adds power, not the right arm thrust from triceps (a Hitter's procedure).

Yes, but this is just a transfer function for the inert, bent right arm. I think he is talking about "doing something" with the right arm through the release to separation interval to get that extra 100 yds he mentioned in a previous post.

quote:Originally posted by brianman

The right arm IS connected to the right shoulder now isn't it?

Yes, that's the transfer function I mentioned. But is that all you're saying - that the right shoulder moves the inert left arm via the PASSIVE right arm OR are you saying that the right arm can be ACTIVE in some way?

Status
Not open for further replies.