Tiger Woods Progress with Sean Foley

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does Mike know that the potatoes at that joint are like $9....

Crazy bet MikeO...BEWARE! or "Be Broke"

One dinner at Ruth's will make watching the majors - a little more interesting. I'm thinking I'd be better off with Finney as the dinner guest but since I'll be eating for FREE!!! :) I'll take the Manz.

Ducky

New
I thought that these Twitter comments between Tiger Woods and Hunter Mahan may be of interest.

Steep and deep. RT: @HunterMahan @TigerWoods Hahahaha. Have you made a complete turn yet?
@TigerWoods getting there, need to flatten that left wrist flat!! Steep on way down!

lia41985

I thought that these Twitter comments between Tiger Woods and Hunter Mahan may be of interest.
Just to translate, because Twitter can be a bit tough to decipher--Mahan asked Tiger if he had completed his turn yet, to which Tiger responded by saying "teep and deep" to which Mahan then responded with the flat left wrist and steep downswing comment.

Just to translate, because Twitter can be a bit tough to decipher--Mahan asked Tiger if he had completed his turn yet, to which Tiger responded by saying "teep and deep" to which Mahan then responded with the flat left wrist and steep downswing comment.

That seems to confirm Steve Khatib's comments on Tiger complaining about not being able to get deep enough with the backswing turn.

Anyone else think it's a little funny that Tiger friggin Woods is struggling to get a full turn in the backswing?

Looking at his golf swing now - I'll go on record -
he won't win a major in 2011

I kinda like this call. 2011 is right around the corner, and EVERYONE knows Tiger Woods is sooo last decade.

Right now his "game" looks more like Dolemite's than Nicklaus's.

lia41985

His shoulder turn seems ample to me, more than 90 degrees. I wonder why he would say that.
Right, which is why I tend to agree with this:
Is it his turn or the hands relationship with the turn??
Totally agree with you on this, Kevin:
I cant imagine Ben Hogan sharing the same swing thoughts with other players like they are all in a mold. Weird to me.
I feel like with Hank, he just eventually tuned out, gave up on striving for perfection like he used to (and turned his focus to extracurriculars) with Butch as the parallel planes methodology bloomed into bad habits (not his only bad habits) and is now part of this clique of Foley-ites. I suppose if he's still getting therapy (for sex addiction or whatever) that this swing re-modeling is sort of an extension of that--group therapy with Sean, Sean, Hunter, and Tiger. I don't know what to make of it. I've never seen a lone wolf run back to the pack like this, ever, in sports. Wait, nevermind. LeBron did it by going to Miami. Who really are today's sports "heroes"? Insecure and naive.

Last edited:

Kevin Shields

Super Moderator
He'll lose a ton of his aura if other players know what he's working on and his ability to intimidate and separate himself will be diminished, which it probably is already from the amount of foul balls he's hit over the last few years. He'll definately still win, but there will be more Yang's who take him out down the stretch if it becomes a matching shot for shot type deal.

ej20

New
I could be wrong but something tells me a man can only change his swing so many times before he becomes a wreck.

How many times for Tiger?Four?He aint just tweaking either.

Status
Not open for further replies.