Tiger Woods Progress with Sean Foley

Status
Not open for further replies.
He'll lose a ton of his aura if other players know what he's working on and his ability to intimidate and separate himself will be diminished, which it probably is already from the amount of foul balls he's hit over the last few years. He'll definately still win, but there will be more Yang's who take him out down the stretch if it becomes a matching shot for shot type deal.

Yang, Campbell, Zack Johnson and Rich Beam took him down the stretch and won but why can't Mickelson, Els, Sergio, Love, SIngh do this?

Kevin Shields

Super Moderator
Swing did look good. The follow through is, IMO, totally unecessary. I'd like to know what it accomplishes. The pop up drive was curious, a little indicative perhaps, of all that "weight forward' stuff.

However, we shouldnt get too excited. I think he will be back in 2011. But, everyone was all giddy when he hit every fairway at Muirfield Village saying, he's back, he's back. Tiger is so good he can shoot 65 with any swing. Hell, ive shot tournament rounds under par with swings ive invented on the range the morning of the event. Sherwood is a course he knows like the back of his hand. We'll see if he can close this one out.

Did look pretty tight zipping that 3 wood into 16.

Swing did look good. The follow through is, IMO, totally unecessary. I'd like to know what it accomplishes. The pop up drive was curious, a little indicative perhaps, of all that "weight forward' stuff.

However, we shouldnt get too excited. I think he will be back in 2011. But, everyone was all giddy when he hit every fairway at Muirfield Village saying, he's back, he's back. Tiger is so good he can shoot 65 with any swing. Hell, ive shot tournament rounds under par with swings ive invented on the range the morning of the event. Sherwood is a course he knows like the back of his hand. We'll see if he can close this one out.

I hate to wimp out like this, but:

+1, for this whole post...

However, we shouldn't get too excited. I think he will be back in 2011. But, everyone was all giddy when he hit every fairway at Muirfield Village saying, he's back, he's back. Tiger is so good he can shoot 65 with any swing. Hell, ive shot tournament rounds under par with swings ive invented on the range the morning of the event. Sherwood is a course he knows like the back of his hand. We'll see if he can close this one out.

That 3 wood for some reason made me think of the D plane/correct ballflight laws... had a hint of carry/"shake the sugar" in it.

Amazing to watch that round and see Tiger swing, then to see O'Hair and Mahan right after... looks like Tiger is aping the O'Hair swing lock stock and barrel. If it is a method... it is obviously one that works and produces some pretty shots.

One could always buy Foley's DVD to find out what the point of that finish is.

looks like he was constipated
woods1.jpg

The real shame here is that for a silly season event (unofficial money), they are passing out world ranking points for this event. Huh?

SJO

New
looks like he was constipated
woods1.jpg

This followthrough looks identical to every other one he's ever made with a driver, after this he spins around into that higher right shoulder thing. That followthrough he's been doing looks a bit faked to me and as Kevin said unnecessary.

at one point in the past i read that tiger said he tried to avoid "flipping" his wrists through contact to avoid unpredictable contact. i am not sure if this recent finish is an attempt to release with his "body" all the way to the end. one thing for sure is that one cannot have back issues to finish like that. or, to finish like that one may develop back issues:)

indulge me to coin a new golf term: one piece finish. :)

lia41985

I think the finish is useful in so far as it reinforces his desire to hit down on the ball, keep the weight forward, and to swing left--not all that different than what Mahan or Hogan does, IMO. However, I'd love to be enlightened further on this matter.

lia41985

It's the third round at Chevron today. Just now, at 4:12 pm on NBC, they showed Tiger's tee shot at 11. It was a down-the-line slow mo. Tiger missed the fairway right having started the ball a tad right of where he probably wanted. But my goodness did his swing look good.

lia41985

Um, and his second shot to 11 off the rocks was so dirty...this guy's almost all the way back it looks like.

Status
Not open for further replies.