Tiger Woods

Status
Not open for further replies.
Give me a break. You need to take a look at the actual PGATour putting stats for the last several years. Eldridge was nowhere near a "God". Best from inside 3 feet; top 30 from 25 feet, <i>80'ish something from 15 feet & in</i>. LOTS of better putters on Tour than Tigger. Check it out for yourself.

At some point you have to throw out all the "standard" statistics imo. I have to think if the PGA tour could come up with a stat called something like "Situational Putting Strength" then Tiger would have been one of the best. It's subjective for sure, but damn.... it sure seems like he used to make more "must-make" putts than you could shake a stick at.

In EVERY US Am he won it seems he made some ridiculous putt down the stretch when he absolutely HAD TO! Then I think of some of his majors.... the PGA against "whats his name" with that point-the-finger-at-it-before-it-goes-in putt and that crazy tough 4-footer to get into a playoff (and eventually win). The putt on 18 at the US Open to simply get into a playoff with Mediate. The bomb he makes at Bay Hill. Pitch-ins, chip-ins, etc.......

Subjective stuff at best, but oh so memorable. Today it seems that if he'd been through all he's been through, every putt/chip/pitch that went in before would have lipped out..... like he does on so many putts today.

Last edited:
Sorry, I have no idea how to. Second swing looked similar to this--notice the drill before he swings:
<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/UQtd6NDfqUs" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Drive looked similar to this:
<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/fN5EENUyECA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Before today's drive on 18 Tiger was using the McDowell drill, working on swinging left.

thanks lia, his swing in these vids looks pretty good but i guess this was the early stages of the change. that drill looked very snt.

It is obvious to me, Tiger and Sean want the shoulder higher.

Ala Sergio, Hogan, Fowler, Rory....

If he can do that....watch out!

hi brian, is it the right shoulder he is working on getting higher on the downswing, hope you dont mind me asking im just a little confused when people talk about steep shoulders at impact is this a low right shoulder, what confuses me by that is i always thought a high right shoulder at impact would be considered steep, and vice versa.

lia41985

Tiger Woods, who has been going through a highly publicized swing change, announced the release Wednesday of his new app “Tiger Woods: My Swing” for the iPhone and iPod Touch, which is available for $9.99 at the Apple App Store.

The app, created by software developer Shotzoom, allows users to video their swings and then compare them with Woods’s swing for analysis. Users can also compare swings with their friends and see how their swings improve over time.
Tiger promotes new instruction app despite swing problems - Press Tent

Status
Not open for further replies.