TIGER

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leroy

New
Even if Tiger never wins again- he is the greatest player in recent history. And will go down as one of the greatest players in golf history. If he wants (or feels) he needs to change his swing- he has earned that right. And I disagree with you- the majority of comments about Tiger ARE crazy- including yours. He (or anyone playing on the PGA tour for that matter) could spot 95% of the people on this board 5 shots or more a side and dominate. How many of these arm chair quarterbacks could even shoot 85 at Muirfield and yet they all act like experts when it comes to what Tiger needs to do. Its actually pretty funny listening to PGA radio or reading comments on message boards. As "bad" as everyone thinks Tiger has become he is still an awesome golfer. How many of these arm chair experts could place 17th at the Masters? How many people on this or any message board have placed 17th or better at the Masters?

And all the "other crap" did work. Look at his record under any of his previous instructors. He had 5 wins in one year under Foley. How many people currently on tour can say they won 5 times in the last 3 years much less one.

The go back to Butch comments are the best. Every player on the PGA tour has bad days- we just aren't used to seeing Tiger having bad days.

Tiger won in spite of those instructors and you seem to disregard the fact that he left them...hmmmm? wonder why. Also you' comparing any of us to Tiger is ridiculous/crazy that has nothing to do with the fact Tiger is in deep shite. None of us are responsible for where he finds himself... maybe lay the blame where it belongs. And Tiger is having a lot of bad days these days...also why is the greatest player even in this situation..huh?

Do no harm!!! Bad instruction can ruin even the best! Tiger was just sooo good it took longer to sink in...when you're conflicted with all these different theories of how to... even a Tiger can be brought down!

Anyone who has experienced what Tiger has experienced over the last few years is finished. His nerves are shot to pieces - he's gone man, get over it. Tell CC to find a golfer who isn't damaged beyond repair unless he want to ruin his rep just like SF did.

Did TIGER win the Masters? Has he done better since the Masters? We may be swimming but Tiger is drowning!

Leroy

New
Did TIGER win the Masters? Has he done better since the Masters? We may be swimming but Tiger is drowning!

Rory just shot an 80 a few weeks ago- is he drowning? Is he finished? Tiger finished 17th at the Masters- not bad for someone who has been struggling.

You're comparing Rory shooting an 80 to Tiger struggling for how long now...how many Majors has Tiger won in the same time period as Rory , who is #1 in the world and who is# 181 in the world rankings. The sad fact is Tiger has gotten worse and Rory has gotten better. But keep up the excuses it's amusing!

Tiger is going under and Rory is doing laps around him...lol!

Brian Manzella

Administrator
Hey "Ray"...listen, bra.....I can tell you this much, everyone's idea of what Chris is teaching Tiger is so far from what is really happening it is comical. Everyone's idea on what is happening in Tiger's head is beyond off.

Sorry, but I can't tell you anything else.

But he was PRACTICING at the Memorial.

Hey "Ray"...listen, bra.....I can tell you this much, everyone's idea of what Chris is teaching Tiger is so far from what is really happening it is comical. Everyone's idea on what is happening in Tiger's head is beyond off.

Sorry, but I can't tell you anything else.

But he was PRACTICING at the Memorial.

Well I did say I wasn't talking about Chris C. I'm talking before Chris C. I have no idea what is in Tiger's head or what they are working on , except the facts are the facts as of now Tiger has not improved or shown any thing consistent wise as of yet unless you consider going from #1 to # 181 in the world rankings and not winning a Major in 7 years getting better.. I hope he does return to form but SO FAR NO BUENO!

And you don't have to put my name in quotations it is Ray.

Last edited:

ZAP

New
I don't think any of us can ever truly know what is in another person's head or how much of their personal worth they tie to their ability to play golf.

I am sure people have seen me struggle with my short game a bunch as I have tried to learn to use the bounce and wondered if my confidence is shaken. In all honesty it really isn't and I fully expect the next shot to be good even though I know I am still in a learning process and sometimes the results will not be good.

It is only frustrating for me when I am practicing and I have a bunch of balls at my feet. On the course I understand that lies change and stances are uneven.

If someone with as feeble a mind as mine can figure that out I hope Tiger can have some perspective on what has happened.

Give me two years of a healthy Tiger and I may have a verdict on Como's teaching. Until then all bets are off as far as I am concerned.

I foresee wins in his future! Say what you want, he's with the right camp and will get back to his winning ways. Tiger, Feed Your Game and shut the haters up! Can't wait until he does. Go Tiger!

Brian Manzella

Administrator
Butch made a swing change when he was a thorobred and he didn't win for over a year.

Tiger has had a teacher his whole life....he is trying to take a lot of stuff out.

So Brian...today Jason Day said in his interview that Tiger was hitting his irons wonderfully but still is having trouble with his driver and even his 3 wood. Any comments on this in so far as what he and Chris have been working on? Always looks to me that when Tiger has an iron in his hand he's less likely to get under plane and therefore less likely to flip at it. With his driver he's all over the "southern side" of the map: under plane pushes followed by under plane hooks. Of course this could be said of many, many good players.

So Brian...today Jason Day said in his interview that Tiger was hitting his irons wonderfully but still is having trouble with his driver and even his 3 wood. Any comments on this in so far as what he and Chris have been working on? Always looks to me that when Tiger has an iron in his hand he's less likely to get under plane and therefore less likely to flip at it. With his driver he's all over the "southern side" of the map: under plane pushes followed by under plane hooks. Of course this could be said of many, many good players.

Is Rory not something like 6*R with his driver? Why doesn't he hook the ass off it regularly?

Something you guys are missing - you can't play golf at that level when your mind is messed up. When your confidence goes, everything goes. You guys are talking about a different guy than who Tiger is now. if he had been this messed up from the onset we would never have heard of him. Capish?

Everyone is an expert when the ball flies where you are looking.

Brian, I know you don't want to talk about what Tiger is doing in his swing too much but could you talk about how much lag you think is desirable late in the downswing. Tiger has significantly more lag than he does in 2001, is there a point where it becomes counterproductive? Given the choice of positions I would rather play from where the guy on the left his.

2001 vs 2015
24oajk7.jpg

Looks like Tiger is practicing again today, 4 over after 6. Sorry, couldn't resist. Honestly he'd be scoring better if he was practicing. His swings on the range look a lot better than those on the course.

Looks like Tiger is practicing again today, 4 over after 6. Sorry, couldn't resist. Honestly he'd be scoring better if he was practicing. His swings on the range look a lot better than those on the course.

Very sad to see. I was super optimistic Chris Como would get him back to playing golf like he did in 2000 but his swing isn't anything like I thought it would be. I thought on the backswing his shaft would track the elbow plane or functional swing plane as Como calls it, similar to what he did in 2000 and what Adam Scott does but he's swinging it straight up the shaft plane. Very difficult not to have a path that's in to out when your arms are that deep going back and shoulders closed at impact.

The first 3 steps in the process to getting his swagger and thus swing back are as follows imo.

1. put the putter that has won majors back into the bag and take the putter that has not out.

2. show up wearing actual golf shoes, with spikes, and leave the loafers at home. (this isn't a member guest, it's the tour)

3. leave the goatee at home, alongside items from #1 and #2

Status
Not open for further replies.