Anyone see anything

Status
Not open for further replies.
Great pictures Lia. Do you have any pictures of players doing it incorrectly? I would like to see that too.
By the way, "tangential" means the away from the target/head movement of the hands in the transition of the swing. If you think that move is too counter-intuitive and unconventional to employ perhaps this footage of some pretty good golfers can convince you to at least give it a shot:

Jones:
2z3vsar.png

rk0841.png

Snead:
2i6idg3.png

50iohx.png

Hogan:
ix6pmq.png

1zbulo2.png

Palmer:
e88miq.png

r21ajd.png

4tsf1c.png

2djpai1.png

Nelson:
b5lceg.png

51qc6h.png

Player:
23usosn.png

2lntwti.png

Tiger:
ckj2u.png

a0v4nk.png

Jack:
10pzwqf.png

2aklmz6.png

Yuck , takeaway didn't solve anything . Hit a lot of hozzel rockets and bannanna slices

Where do I sign up for tumbling 101

Brian Manzella

Administrator
Matt,
I don't think it's a rightward shift that he needs on the backswing. I think he just needs the right notion of what a proper backswing feels like. A rightward shift may only flatten his shoulder turn more and necessitate more arm swing on the backswing, which I do not think he needs.

Please remember—a right shift downstairs has NOTHING TO DO with whether or not the golfer is right leaning (too much forward bend), left leaning (too much back extension), or just right.

Yuck , takeaway didn't solve anything . Hit a lot of hozzel rockets and bannanna slices

This thread is another great example of why I have stopped these sorts of things in the past. Teaching golf is hard, giving someone with a swing less perfect than a Ben Hogan the RIGHT advise, in the RIGHt amount, at the RIGHT time is a gift.

I'll do a tumble video for you Poker.

Great pictures Lia. Do you have any pictures of players doing it incorrectly? I would like to see that too.

Who is the portly one at the bottom? Oh yea the kid who played off +3 at Scioto at 13 and won the Ohio state open by 3 at 16!

lia41985

Please remember—a right shift downstairs has NOTHING TO DO with whether or not the golfer is right leaning (too much forward bend), left leaning (too much back extension), or just right.
Respectfully, I disagree, sir. But that's just because I don't get it yet. Would you mind clarifying my thinking?

I'm assessing this from the perspective I gained from reading the following article by Phil Cheetham:

My TPI (Titleist Performance Institute) - Your Source for Golf Fitness, Exercises and Health

How does "shifting" the "lower disk" not matter to the "optimized function" of the "top disk." This is what I believe art's talking about when he mentions lower body dynamic stability/balance/tempo/etc. The lower disk's movement and function will change in response to this shifting. Because the disks operate in a coupled (forced producing) system (i.e. counter-rotation) the "mere" shifting of the lower body could be significant in terms of the affect it generates on the coupled system. Dismissing this relationship by saying one has nothing to do with the other seems abruptly premature. Affecting the balance/stability of the coupled system will change not only the mechanics but also the timing. And this feeds back to the club which is our "mass" that we need to "align."

What is force if not directed movement of a mass occurring over a set time?

Again, I'm seeing it via that dimension but please clarify! I may not be getting it.

Last edited:

lia41985

You're body's working out a new way to get the club "in" on the take away.

New neural pathways.

God I hope I don't sound as dorky or sorta-kinda full-of-it as Sean Foley.

Brian,if he got the "business" more open would that put the club in a better position or do you work on the tumble to get the body in a better position? chicken or the egg kind of question. thanks and gig em,Mike.

Status
Not open for further replies.