Anyone see anything

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmm. Kevin i know you said my problem has nothing to do with the body but i notice a lot of pros move there right hip a few to inches to the right away from the ball as they begin there backswing.
If you look at my first video of the view from behind my hips purely rotate with zero lateral movement. Mine almost looks like a little of a reverse pivot compared to Earnie here no?

Kevin Shields

Super Moderator
Whoa, whoa, time out. I didn't say your problem had NOTHING to do with your body. Just that your body may do some things based on how you're moving the club. I don't think anyone PLANS on humping the ball, especially if they know they don't want to. That's usually my question to people. If you don't want it, but still keep doing it, and it's not a physical thing, why do you keep doing it. You have to based on how you are moving the club.

My mistake didn't mean to put words in your mouth . I really don't know why I keep goating .
When I first started I remember hearing a lesson to not sway and I may have over did it lol.
Going to try loading the right hip and leg more and see what happens because right now I don't feel very much weight on the right side at the top

Kevin Shields

Super Moderator
My mistake didn't mean to put words in your mouth . I really don't know why I keep goating .
When I first started I remember hearing a lesson to not sway and I may have over did it lol.
Going to try loading the right hip and leg more and see what happens because right now I don't feel very much weight on the right side at the top

.....and that's great. I really hope it helps. But.....do you think that will help you with the forces being put on the club?

To be honest I don't know a whole lot about the technical aspect of how the club works and the forces being created.
If you mean the forces of the club is maybe what's pulling me forward towards the ball i can see how that's possible.
Loading the right hip and leg more gives me more stability it feels like to support my body through the swing and the transition feels a lot more natural ..

That's just what it feels like anyways from swinging in my kitchen lol. Starting to feel like a never ending bad dream. This is probably the 50th time I find something that i hope will fix my issue only to goto the range and the video laughs in my face haha.

It's like Hogan said "the game of golf brings out the detective in all of us"

Welcome to the world of trying to figure it out. Unless there is a plane ticket to New Orleans, or Pittsburgh in you future, then must simply try to implement the suggestions are coming your way. I am just a fellow searcher. I would just say two things.

In the video from the rear, even given the poor camera angle, it appears that you do not have any right tilt in your address. So you might experiment with that and of course what one of the instructors said about setting up closed. In this same video, your legs just look un-athletically set up. Looks like you have difficulty pivoting. I would experiment with a more narrow stance, feet under hips. Maybe flare the front foot more for stability. Then bump your hips slightly targetward, and thus achieve some rightward tilt.

How many tumble videos, 800 page threads does it take. WOW!

Hopefully only 1 more!

I've read through every page of the epic Sergio thread multiple times (thanks for your invaluable contributions there) and spend lots of time on this site trying to gain a deeper understanding of the swing. The Noren drill has helped, the Tiger and Butch drill that Lia has posted multiple times has helped but I can't help but wonder if there is another drill that will finally help it all to "click".

I've attended a Tour Stop before, and the comments at the beginning of this thread regarding getting the hips more open at impact jogged my memory about comments Brian had made during our session and piqued my interest in this thread.

At a minimum, I'm going to hit the range and work on those thoughts but I would be grateful for another drill to take with me.

Hope you learn that something to make it click woody.
Someone mentioned my shoulders are closed and indeed they are . Just checked my setup and there pointed to 1st base . Crazy how things can get so out of whack.

Starting to see why pros have instructors around every week

Didn't get a chance to hit balls today :cool:

Weather is a hit or miss here in Texas lately. Still looking forward to the video if you get a chance tonight Brian!

Brian Manzella

Administrator
The video:

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/jTVHv6A8PiQ?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

same, better or worse?
Also my old timer friend said my club is so laid off going back that it could be the reason ..

lia41985

What's the issue? Those are just some pretty straight to over drawing looking pulls to me, sir. Not all that bad, if you play for it. Do you know how to cut it?

Status
Not open for further replies.