Back to target

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

SteveT

Why must there always be one?

baby_ruth_pool.jpg

Smart girl... she's using a scientifically efficient floatation device ... while everybody else is desperately treading water.

That may be true, but I'm no coward. Pick anyone on this forum to play or teach against and I will back THEM.

You are a sad old man.

Then again, this is the Internet. You could just be a confused, misguided young lady.

S

SteveT

That may be true, but I'm no coward. Pick anyone on this forum to play or teach against and I will back THEM.

You are a sad old man.

Then again, this is the Internet. You could just be a confused, misguided young lady.

Since you ask... I would pick... to play NOT to teach against .... Brian .....:eek:

As for you being a 'coward', I would argue you are a scientific coward and an insecure feel wuss.

Last edited:
Well, Chris... can you prove I have "a lack of understanding of the human body".. or are you just trying to justify what you are saying next with your bullshit preamble? As for your suggestion that I "crack open a university level anatomy and phsiology book", perhaps you could first apprise us with your own qualifications before you attack me with your specious comments.

All I have said is that high speed and low speed human motion uses different neuro-muscular pathways, and on that basis, I question the "drill". Can you contradict that statement based on your supposed knowledge of human perception and motor control?

BTW... "proprioception" is much more than "feel" which is only a feedback sensation. Perhaps you can inform us how "proprioception" is "integrated" into the golfswing. I have my doubts about you ....

SteveT I have over 15 years experience in injury rehab, with the same time with my head buried in the same books I recommended you to read. What's yours????????

As for your BS about different neuro-muscular pathways for high and low speed movement, if you had actually read the books I recommended you would know they have the same pathway, the interaction in the brain is a little different but that is a different discussion to what you proposed.

Christopher

You are a sad old man.

Not anyone. I think I'm officially the worst player on this site. We'd both be embarrassed...

S

SteveT

SteveT I have over 15 years experience in injury rehab, with the same time with my head buried in the same books I recommended you to read. What's yours????????

As for your BS about different neuro-muscular pathways for high and low speed movement, if you had actually read the books I recommended you would know they have the same pathway, the interaction in the brain is a little different but that is a different discussion to what you proposed.

Injury rehab does not qualify you for golfswing motor control determination. As for my 'books', I depend on these post-graduate level texts:

Motor Control and Learning -- Richard A. Schmidt
Neuromechanical Basis of Kinesiology -- Roger M. Enoka

It's that "different discussion" you avoid. Stick with 'feel' if that keeps you happy.

Guys I have just discovered a great feature, if there is someone that never contributes anything worth while on the forum but keeps posting, they can be added to an ignore list. Now I can read only the forum posts of the sensible people.

Christopher

S

SteveT

Guys I have just discovered a great feature, if there is someone that never contributes anything worth while on the forum but keeps posting, they can be added to an ignore list. Now I can read only the forum posts of the sensible people.

Christopher

Christopher is only a masseur... and his brainlet is blown to the point he must use the ignore button. So much for that .... science beats bs... again.

Even Rudolph found solace on the island of the misfits. There is a place and or websites that everyone can find a home.

Last edited:
Even Rudolph found solace on the island of the misfits. There is a place and or websites that everyone can find a home.
Yes, but SteveT's incorrigible nonsense is etched indelibly into the fabric of this place: This IS his home. It's always fun to have a meander through the silly garden once in a while, and with Steve as our tour guide how can we possibly go wrong?

SteveT is in the penalty box.

Sorry folks.

Good move Brian. I am not a shrink but I am bipolar and I sensed the onset and acceleration of a manic episode with behaviour similar to the last time he spun out of control (BTW I am not joking or taking a shot at Steve). Course I could be completely wrong but there was definite change in his posts over the time he has been back here. {{{chill}}} Steve.

Christopher
Are they both controlled by the cerebellum? The motor skills?

BTW hooray for the science behind forum administration! :D

Yes they are but the difference is slow movements can be more influenced by conscious control then fast ones. A good example is it is generally easier to control your early backswing movements then your downswing. As far as the transmission to the muscle from the brain goes, it involves 2 neurons, one in the brain and spinal cord and another connecting the motor unit of the muscle to the spinal cord.

Christopher

Status
Not open for further replies.